Just...damn

May 2019
West Haven
When did Gary Johnson host a realty game show?

Johnson founded one of New Mexico's largest construction companies.[3] He entered politics for the first time by running for Governor of New Mexico in 1994 on a low-tax, anti-crime platform,[4] promising a 'common sense business approach'. He defeated incumbent Democratic governor Bruce King by 50% to 40%. He cut the 10% annual growth in the budget, in part due to his use of the gubernatorial veto 200 times during his first six months.[3]

Johnson sought re-election in 1998, winning by 55% to 45%. In his second term, he concentrated on the issue of school voucher reforms[5] as well as campaigning for cannabis decriminalization.[6] During his tenure as governor, Johnson adhered to an anti-tax policy, setting state and national records for the number of times he used his veto power:[3] more than the other 49 contemporary governors put together.[7][8] Term-limited, Johnson retired from front-line politics in 2003.

Johnson ran for president in 2012, initially as a Republican on a libertarian platform emphasizing the United States public debt and a balanced budget, protection of civil liberties, military non-interventionism, replacement of income tax with the FairTax, and opposition to the War on Drugs.[9] In December 2011, he withdrew his candidacy for the Republican nomination and stood for the Libertarian nomination instead,[10] winning the nomination in May 2012. Johnson received 1.3 million votes (1%), more than all other minor candidates combined.[11]

Johnson ran again for President in 2016,[12] once again winning the Libertarian nomination and naming former Republican Governor of Massachusetts Bill Weld as his running mate.[13] Johnson received nearly 4.5 million votes (3.27% of the total vote), which is the most for a third party presidential candidate since 1996 and the highest national vote share for a Libertarian candidate in history. After the 2016 presidential election, Johnson stated he will not run for the presidency again.[14] Johnson ran for the U.S. Senate in the 2018 New Mexico senate race against incumbent Democratic senator Martin Heinrich, coming third with 15.38% of the statewide vote (107,201 votes).[15]
[16]

I highlighted in red my favorite parts of his political achievements. Here are some of the things that make him an awesome person....

Johnson lives in Taos, New Mexico,[176][177] in a home he built himself.[66] He is an avid triathlete who bikes extensively. During his term in office, he competed in several triathlons, marathons and bike races. He competed three times (1993, 1997, 1999) as a celebrity invitee at the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii, registering his best time for the 2.4-mile (3.9 km) swim, 112-mile (180 km) bike ride, and 26.2-mile (42.2 km) marathon run in 1999 with 10 hours, 39 minutes, and 16 seconds.[178][179] He once ran 100 miles (160 km) in 30 consecutive hours in the Rocky Mountains.[23] On May 30, 2003, he reached the summit of Mount Everest[180] "despite toes blackened with frostbite."[29] He has climbed all of the Seven Summits: Mount Everest, Mount Elbrus, Denali, Mount Kilimanjaro, Aconcagua, Mount Vinson, and Carstensz Pyramid—the tallest peaks in Asia, Europe, North America, Africa, South America, Antarctica, and Oceania respectively.[181] He completed the Bataan Memorial Death March at White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico, in which participants traverse a 26.2 mi (42.2 km) course through the desert, many of them in combat boots and wearing 35-pound (16 kg) packs.[182]

Now I helped him get to that vote total in 2016 and part of the reason he likely didn't achieve an ever higher vote total was....

BEING KEPT OUT OF THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES....

Which if you want to open your mind a little bit explains my concern about why Gabbard and others aren't being given their fair shake. You, me, we as a country can't keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. You can't complain about the outcomes and not question the process.

Threads like this... they say don't question the process....question the outcome. The only problem is....TRUMP.

No Trump is the outcome. If you want a different outcome you need a different process and Republicans aren't going to question that process yet. Trump is winning with it. But Democrats are losing with it and refuse to question it. Threads like this just make it about the good old days and claim we will return to them once Trump is gone.

Now SNL might not have made fun of Obama but they will make fun of anyone else to make a buck and that means no gravitas. No return to when Kennedy could screw Marilyn and all was fine because we have a country to run and so such thoughts need to just be ignored.

No they don't need to be ignored. The Democrats should blow apart the process that is giving them a bunch of old 70 year old retreads to run against Trump. Any candidate like is tailor made to lose to Trump.
I was going to add to Johnson's vote total also. Until just a few weeks before the election he showed that he didn't have a clue at all about foreign policy. Being kept out of the Debates probably kept his vote total higher than it would have been if he was in them and shown multiple times over to be strictly a vanity candidate who knew nothing .

May 2019
West Haven
I think their pointing out that none of the witnesses have been able to point to any crime and none of the witnesses can point to knowledge of what Trump was thinking other than he wanted Zelensky "to do the right thing" is pretty good defense of the President, no? How about their pointing out the Ukrainians called the accusations bogus themselves? Ouch.

But, I think their calling corruption on the Dems trying to block Republican subpoenas, witnesses, controlling GOP questioning, etc. absolutely deserves ridicule. But you're a Dem. Any corrupt action is okay as long as it gets you to your final deranged goal. Remember Kavanaugh?
You mean "I like Beeeeerrrrr" Kavanaugh? The one who showed by his demeanor at the hearings that he is completely unqualified to judge small claims case? That Kavanaugh?
Speaking of deranged and deserving of ridicule...

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
The right to confront witnesses. The President's lawyers were not allowed to sit in, let alone ask questions. There's two for you.
1. Where are these rights articulated with respect to impeachment hearings in the House of Representatives, or any other forum outside of a criminal prosecution?

2. What life, liberty or property interest is at stake that triggers the right to due process?

Nov 2019
United States
What due process was stripped?
Restricting GOP subpoenas, restricting GOP questioning, hiding depositions in the basement, withholding transcripts while simultaneously linking selected parts, preventing Trump's attorneys from cross examination. You know, basic due process standards that are reasonable and should apply to everyone. And that's just the short list.

Nov 2019
United States
You mean "I like Beeeeerrrrr" Kavanaugh? The one who showed by his demeanor at the hearings that he is completely unqualified to judge small claims case? That Kavanaugh?
Speaking of deranged and deserving of ridicule...
You're just mad he went on offense and destroyed your lying frauds. Any man would defend their honor and good name from disgusting and false allegations in the same way. Snowflakes cried because they got exposed as corrupt. Waahhhhh!

Reactions: excalibur