Just got this email from Mayor Pete on school gun violence

May 2013
Boise, ID
Don't mess around Progs - INVEST .. Pete is quite literally the anti-Trump and will wipe the floor with an a-hole!

Invest in our bold vision for the future.

Dear BoiseBo,

Please note: this email contains language that may trigger feelings of trauma related to gun violence.

Twenty years ago, two Columbine High School students murdered twelve peers and one teacher.

Two decades later, the rate of school shootings has increased. In 2018, there were more incidents of gun violence and more gun deaths at schools than any other year on record. In no other developed nation do students face these unprecedented levels of gun violence in their schools.

We owe it to every victim, every survivor, every student, every teacher, every parent, and all school staff across America to pass universal background checks, to place restrictions on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and to prohibit bump stocks

I was a high school student a thousand miles away when the Columbine massacre took place. It changed the psyche of young people in America. The era that followed saw more active shooter drills. Hiding in classrooms and bathrooms. Advice on how to stand on the toilet to hide your feet. Second-guessing your peers. Plans for airport-style security to get to class.

Our teachers are left to decide if they are strong enough to try to take down an active shooter. If they should close the door and shield their students, or try to lead their students out to safety. They are asked to think about how to barricade their doors, as much a part of their job as how to structure their class time.

Student, parent, and teacher activists -- from Columbine, to Virginia Tech, to Sandy Hook, to Marjory Stoneman Douglas -- have shown what elected officials in Washington have lacked when it comes to common-sense, comprehensive gun reforms: courage.

These simple, bipartisan steps will not stop every single gun death. But today, on the 20th anniversary of the Columbine massacre, we owe it to Rachel, Daniel, Dave, Kyle, Steven, Cassie, Isaiah, Matthew, Lauren, John, Kelly, Daniel, and Corey to commit to these basic measures to make our country and our communities safer.

And we owe it to every young person and every educator to make sure that they have a safe place to learn and teach.

When I was deployed in Afghanistan, it was my responsibility to carry two weapons -- a pistol and a rifle (an M4, which is not that different than an AR15 if we’re being honest) -- on foreign soil on the orders of a U.S. president. I’m aware of the capabilities of some weaponry that simply does not belong on the streets of American neighborhoods in peacetime.

I think most people understand that as a member of the generation defined by mass shootings, and as a veteran of the military, I’m coming to these views honestly. And even in my very red state of Indiana, many common-sense reforms are widely accepted and understood to be constitutional. Yet Washington can’t deliver. This must change.

We must do better for each other.

We can do this if we decide to.

Thank you,

Pete

Jun 2010
Ohio
Don't mess around Progs - INVEST .. Pete is quite literally the anti-Trump and will wipe the floor with an a-hole!

Dear BoiseBo,

Please note: this email contains language that may trigger feelings of trauma related to gun violence.

Twenty years ago, two Columbine High School students murdered twelve peers and one teacher.

Two decades later, the rate of school shootings has increased. In 2018, there were more incidents of gun violence and more gun deaths at schools than any other year on record. In no other developed nation do students face these unprecedented levels of gun violence in their schools.

We owe it to every victim, every survivor, every student, every teacher, every parent, and all school staff across America to pass universal background checks, to place restrictions on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and to prohibit bump stocks

I was a high school student a thousand miles away when the Columbine massacre took place. It changed the psyche of young people in America. The era that followed saw more active shooter drills. Hiding in classrooms and bathrooms. Advice on how to stand on the toilet to hide your feet. Second-guessing your peers. Plans for airport-style security to get to class.

Our teachers are left to decide if they are strong enough to try to take down an active shooter. If they should close the door and shield their students, or try to lead their students out to safety. They are asked to think about how to barricade their doors, as much a part of their job as how to structure their class time.

Student, parent, and teacher activists -- from Columbine, to Virginia Tech, to Sandy Hook, to Marjory Stoneman Douglas -- have shown what elected officials in Washington have lacked when it comes to common-sense, comprehensive gun reforms: courage.

These simple, bipartisan steps will not stop every single gun death. But today, on the 20th anniversary of the Columbine massacre, we owe it to Rachel, Daniel, Dave, Kyle, Steven, Cassie, Isaiah, Matthew, Lauren, John, Kelly, Daniel, and Corey to commit to these basic measures to make our country and our communities safer.

And we owe it to every young person and every educator to make sure that they have a safe place to learn and teach.

When I was deployed in Afghanistan, it was my responsibility to carry two weapons -- a pistol and a rifle (an M4, which is not that different than an AR15 if we’re being honest) -- on foreign soil on the orders of a U.S. president. I’m aware of the capabilities of some weaponry that simply does not belong on the streets of American neighborhoods in peacetime.

I think most people understand that as a member of the generation defined by mass shootings, and as a veteran of the military, I’m coming to these views honestly. And even in my very red state of Indiana, many common-sense reforms are widely accepted and understood to be constitutional. Yet Washington can’t deliver. This must change.

Thank you,

Pete
Well he just lost any chance.

Advocating the disarming of Americans is abominable and immoral

He deserves every gross gay joke hey make about him now

He is scum

Jan 2016
Colorado

Dear BoiseBo,

Thank you,

Pete
From Pete's letter: Advice on how to stand on the toilet to hide your feet.

Confucius say: Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.

[Sorry to make light of such a serious subject, Bo. I just couldn't resist. So shoot me! No, DON'T!!]

May 2012
By the wall
The dims dropped Beto for Mayor Pete and he will soon be replaced with their next favorite.

Republicans did the same thing when they had a large field of candidates also.

Everyone will get their turn until the DNC picks one to be the nominee then torpedo's the rest.

Jul 2011
Tennessee

Dear BoiseBo,

Thank you,

Pete
An M4 is an automatic military assualt rifle and can fire 700 - 900 rounds per minute.

An AR15 is a semi-automatic rifle and can fire as fast as someone can pull the trigger.

Pete they are very different.

Stop lying Pete!!

Jul 2011
Tennessee

Dear BoiseBo,

Thank you,

Pete
Not one mention of suicide.

May 2012
By the wall
An M4 is an automatic military assualt rifle and can fire 700 - 900 rounds per minute.

An AR15 is a semi-automatic rifle and can fire as fast as someone can pull the trigger.

Pete they are very different.

Stop lying Pete!!
I don't think he is actually smart enough to lie, that would imply he knew what he was talking about in the first place.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Um, Trump already banned bump stocks.

Mayor Pete is an idiot.

lol
He is. One of the most unimpressive candidates I've seen in a long time. He comes across like some kind of dork babbling televangelist who can spend an hour talking and say absolutely nothing.

So far he has put forth two actual ideas - and both of them amazingly stupid. His first is healthcare exchanges - which is basically what Obamacare was - which did not work on any level and satisfied no one. Yet this moron thinks that's the answer to our healthcare problems. His second idea was to add 5 more judges to the Supreme Court who are selected by the judges themselves instead of being appointed and confirmed by the President and the senate. So basically he wants to give the only unelected branch of Government even more power and the ability to appoint their own judges. It takes talent to come up with something so dumb.

I suspect he's just a corporate fed democrat trying to save the nomination for the insurance companies. They think because he's cute and cuddly and uses big words he can wow the gullible into believing he's super smart and attractive so they will vote for him. That may have worked in the past. But I'm skeptical that approach is still viable in modern-day politics.