Just how much will all that 'free stuff' that Democrats are promising to give away?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio

Left wingers aren't the brightest people, but even they have to know that the money has to come from somewhere and in the end, it will be out of their pockets.
This is why God made Republicans. Insisting on accurate economic forecasts is absolutely vital to successfully installing universal health care or any other such programs.

Jul 2014
midwest

Left wingers aren't the brightest people, but even they have to know that the money has to come from somewhere and in the end, it will be out of their pockets.
Lizabeth and Bernie think magic fairy dust will pay for it all.

But, don't worry, they know where the magic fairy dust is locked up,

Hopefully they've got the combination to the vault...

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work

It already comes out of our pockets, but it costs more because middlemen like the private insurance industry have to skim their cut before paying for care, plus additional cuts for advertising and lobbying efforts.

The problem I have with these comparisons is that they imply that people aren't currently paying for insurance, but if we get UHC, suddenly we will have to start paying for it. What kind of nonsense is that?

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Lizabeth and Bernie think magic fairy dust will pay for it all.

But, don't worry, they know where the magic fairy dust is locked up,

Hopefully they've got the combination to the vault...
No, Daddio. They think higher taxes will pay for these new programs.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
It already comes out of our pockets, but it costs more because middlemen like the private insurance industry have to skim their cut before paying for care, plus additional cuts for advertising and lobbying efforts.

The problem I have with these comparisons is that they imply that people aren't currently paying for insurance, but if we get UHC, suddenly we will have to start paying for it. What kind of nonsense is that?
Insurance premiums aren't the only cost. I underwrite bankruptcies, suffer higher crime rates, lose the value of productivity by my fellow citizens whose health care is not adequate, underwrite the costs of expanding poverty and lose the security of my community compared to one populated by people secure in their middle class status.

May 2012
By the wall

Isn't that what you folks said with the ACA also?

Guess what, it turned out to be just as expensive in the end.

lol

Democrats just don't learn.