JUST IN: Video appears to show missile hitting object in sky over Tehran

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
Wow... that's awful. I feel for the innocents.

I am guessing the asshole who ordered it is already dead.

Nov 2013
NY
Reactions: Davocrat

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
There's a story out about how one passenger called her husband in Canada, saying she needed to leave but didn't feel safe flying while tensions were as high as they were. She felt like there was at least a chance that someone would shoot her plane down. She made the call 20 minutes before she died.

This is a global failure. Iran has murdered dozens of innocents, but international aviation authorities have the power to shut down the entire airspace to civilian passenger traffic. Why did they not do so, when the U.S. president and Iranian leaders were each publicly telling the world to prepare for total war?

It's like 737 Max 8. That plane should have been grounded globally after the first crash. It was evident within days what had happened. Nothing. There appears to be a climate of indecision infesting aviation regulators. Airlines and passengers get mad when you err on the side of caution, so they don't.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
Wow... that's awful. I feel for the innocents.

I am guessing the asshole who ordered it is already dead.
Had initially thought the plane went down shortly after coming across the Iran border. Flying into Iranian airspace. The fact that the plane was (apparently) shot down as it took off from the Tehran airport in Central Iran is just bizarre.

What the fuck could the person have been thinking who gave that order? And as you note....that individual may no longer be with us. RIP.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Had initially thought the plane went down shortly after coming across the Iran border. Flying into Iranian airspace. The fact that the plane was (apparently) shot down as it took off from the Tehran airport in Central Iran is just bizarre.

What the fuck could the person have been thinking who gave that order? And as you note....that individual may no longer be with us. RIP.

I found that odd too. Why shoot a plane down that just took off from a place where tensions were already high? Seems way too obvious. I also have a feeling whoever gave that order is out of a job at the very least. Nothing like bringing the worlds attention down on you.

Reactions: Crusher

CtC

Mar 2019
California
I found that odd too. Why shoot a plane down that just took off from a place where tensions were already high? Seems way too obvious. I also have a feeling whoever gave that order is out of a job at the very least. Nothing like bringing the worlds attention down on you.
This is Iran. 'Nuff said.

Jul 2011
Tennessee

They thought it was incoming US missiles attack. This occurred just a few hours after Iran launched it's missiles into Iraq.