Justice Department Demands Florida STOP Voter Purge

Mertex

Former Staff
Dec 2009
Texas

BREAKING: JUSTICE DEPARTMENT DEMANDS FLORIDA STOP VOTER PURGE
|
TPM has the story: “The Justice Department sent a letter to Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner Thursday evening demanding the state cease purging its voting rolls because the process it is using has not been cleared under the Voting Rights Act, TPM has learned. DOJ also said that Florida’s voter roll purge violated the National Voter Registration Act, which stipulates that voter roll maintenance should have ceased 90 days before an election, which given Florida’s August 14 primary, meant May 16.” More as this story develops.
BREAKING: Justice Department Demands Florida Stop Voter Purge | ThinkProgress

Republicans may have been able to get away with it in the past, when it was easier to hide things like this from the media - but it is not that easy today. All the media attention that this has been getting has hopefully embarrassed them into realizing that people are aware of what they are trying to do.

May 2012
By the wall
Thank God! Maybe they can share jail cells with all the Acorn employees who got convicted for voter fraud.

GREAT FIND!

Mertex

Former Staff
Dec 2009
Texas
Thank God! Maybe they can share jail cells with all the Acorn employees who got convicted for voter fraud.

GREAT FIND!
Considering the number of people that vote, the number of Acorn employees that were caught for registering multiple times is miniscule. Most of them did community service and probation and I doubt that any of them voted more than once if any.

What the Gov of Florida was trying to do is even worse, but I doubt that he'll be facing any charges. Go figure.

May 2012
By the wall
Considering the number of people that vote, the number of Acorn employees that were caught for registering multiple times is miniscule. Most of them did community service and probation and I doubt that any of them voted more than once if any.

What the Gov of Florida was trying to do is even worse, but I doubt that he'll be facing any charges. Go figure.
Yet another former ACORN employee was convicted of voter fraud last week. This brings the total number of convictions for former workers from the embattled group to at least 15 so far this year.

Kevin L. Clancy of Milwaukee pleaded guilty last week to participating “in a scheme to submit fraudulent voter registration applications,” according to Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen. Clancy admitted to filing multiple voter registration applications for the same individuals and registering himself and other voter registration canvassers to vote multiple times while working on an ACORN voter drive.

Clancy received a 10-month prison term for his crime. Clancy’s sentence will begin when he completes another sentence he is currently serving for armed robbery.
The voter fraud hall of shame: Milwaukee voter fraud conviction makes ACORN

You liberals are funny. Instead of saying that both were wrong you go out of your way to make excuses by saying crap like, "well it wasn't that bad, or they didn't get long sentences."

Last edited:
Oct 2010
A place not infested with lying partisan hacks

Mertex

Former Staff
Dec 2009
Texas
The voter fraud hall of shame: Milwaukee voter fraud conviction makes ACORN

You liberals are funny. Instead of saying that both were wrong you go out of your way to make excuses by saying crap like, "well it wasn't that bad, or they didn't get long sentences."
You are the one that is funny. I didn't defend the actions, however, the actions of the Gov are far worse, since many, many, more people would have been kept from voting as opposed to a couple of extra votes from some Acorn idiots.

You are trying to make the Acorn fiasco seem much bigger than it really was. That's even funnier.

Mar 2008
Broadcast Depth
You are the one that is funny. I didn't defend the actions, however, the actions of the Gov are far worse, since many, many, more people would have been kept from voting as opposed to a couple of extra votes from some Acorn idiots.

You are trying to make the Acorn fiasco seem much bigger than it really was. That's even funnier.
Funny? Stale propaganda is never funny.

Mertex

Former Staff
Dec 2009
Texas
Funny? Stale propaganda is never funny.
Trying to deflect the wrong of the GOP Gov by bringing up past wrongs from the left, is actually comical, especially after being accused that I am trying to make it seem like it wasn't bad. The comparison seems to indicate that the Gov's actions weren't that bad, either.