Justin Trudeau's intro to unintended consequences

RNG

Former Staff
Jan 2015
Left coast
We in Canada are quite concerned about the potential for NAFTA to disintegrate, the impact on present tariffs and the potential of the tariffs on automobiles. And the government has said they would work to minimize job losses. But in one area they not only failed miserably, they in fact caused job losses.

Oh, the woe and misery!

Legal pot puts 14 RCMP sniffer dogs out of work

Legal pot puts 14 RCMP sniffer dogs out of work | CBC News

Reactions: 3 people
Sep 2016
My own world
I'd be happy to adopt all 14. I think I can find work for them in 14 local middle schools.

Reactions: 5 people
Jun 2006
Vancouver
Apparently Russia is livid that Canada, a signatory to multiple international anti drug trafficking agreements, went ahead and legalized a drug that everyone else is fighting the trafficking of. Putin’s term he used was “high handed”.

I’m afraid these dogs may have to look overseas for work.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2014
United States
Apparently Russia is livid that Canada, a signatory to multiple international anti drug trafficking agreements, went ahead and legalized a drug that everyone else is fighting the trafficking of. Putin’s term he used was “high handed”.

Donate them to the Philippines.

Reactions: 2 people

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto

Yes, because in Russia, where over a million people now live with HIV, mainly from sharing hard drug needles, young people smoking pot is by FAR the biggest issue. Naturally... Fuck Putin.

Jun 2014
United States
Yes, because in Russia, where over a million people now live with HIV, mainly from sharing hard drug needles, young people smoking pot is by FAR the biggest issue. Naturally... Fuck Putin.

Smoking pot?

Now you're talking about police work turning a profit!

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Smoking pot?

Now you're talking about police work turning a profit!
True...

Most drug running and dealing over there is controlled by police or FSB generals lol

They all have proxy gangs working for them on the streets, and paying them kickbacks and taxes on all the profits. Everyone knows it too. Putin knows. Doesn't seem to give a shit. Probably gets his own take from it as well.

He gets his percentages from everything, all the rackets, he is the big boss, of course...

Jun 2014
United States
True...

Most drug running and dealing over there is controlled by police or FSB generals lol

They all have proxy gangs working for them on the streets, and paying them kickbacks and taxes on all the profits. Everyone knows it too. Putin knows. Doesn't seem to give a shit. Probably gets his own take from it as well.

He gets his percentages from everything, all the rackets, he is the big boss, of course...

Here, they just drag you into a municipal kangaroo court and squeeze you for every penny they can take if you're caught with a doobie.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
[warning]Thread moved to Current Events from Lounge.[/warning]