Kamala Harris eats a pork chop on a stick while in Iowa; panders to Muslim voters

Jan 2016
Colorado
Exactly. The whole time we lived in Colorado we never had AC. You don't need it. It's not that it doesn't get hot, it gets plenty hot, but there is little humidity and the nights get cool. Back here in MD, you can't live without AC because of the humidity and it doesn't really cool off at night.
Well, I certainly need AC in my bedroom, which is directly exposed to the West, and can get well into the high 80's without any AC, and I simply CANNOT sleep in such temperatures. I did for many years avoid having AC in my townhome as a whole, but then went through the heat wave of 2018-----just last year. And roughly two-thirds of my home was becoming uninhabitable without AC, so I broke down and bought a kind of central AC unit for my home. It cools off my entire main level, with kitchen and dining room and living room, but does not cool two upper story rooms, my study and den. I can do without AC in those rooms, nor do I need it for my basement, which stays about 15 degrees cooler than the main level anyway.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Exactly. The whole time we lived in Colorado we never had AC. You don't need it. It's not that it doesn't get hot, it gets plenty hot, but there is little humidity and the nights get cool. Back here in MD, you can't live without AC because of the humidity and it doesn't really cool off at night.
BTW, I didn't know you had ever lived in Colorado, Babba. Where abouts, and when?

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
(1) When I was MUCH younger, in my early 20's, I attended a few nightclubs that had, um, banana-swallowing contests that young ladies would participate in, much to the enjoyment of the males in the audience. As I recall, there were not insubstantial rewards for winning the grand prize, something along the lines of $200, with the grand prize winner determined by the lustiness of the applause for the performance. Seems fair.

(2) I suspect that college instructor you are describing was doing a bit of performance art of her own, for the males in the class. Just sayin'.
It was the males who complained to administration!! :) She was older and she liked the attention of these young lads and that is what made her creepy.

Jan 2016
Colorado
It was the males who complained to administration!! :) She was older and she liked the attention of these young lads and that is what made her creepy.
I suspect the consensus male reaction would have been diametrically opposite if the instructor had been young and attractive. Then there would have been no complaints.

Again, just sayin'.

:cool:

May 2019
The Wine Country
Speaking of fair food ... this is a favorite along the North Coast.

The cone is baked from mashed potatoes. Then filled with gravy, brisket, grilled onions and cheese.

It's pretty good.

Cones.jpg

Mar 2019
Heavy Metal Chick
Kamala Harris confronted by upset Iowa resident: 'Leave our health care alone'

Presidential primary candidate Kamala Harris was confronted on Monday by an upset Iowa resident over the California senator’s plan to overhaul health care in the United States.
The Democrat was speaking to voters at the Bickford Senior Living Center in Muscatine, Iowa, when one of the center’s residents challenged her on how she planned to pay for “Medicare for All” and told her not to “mess with” health care.

“Leave our health care alone,” Roberta Jewell, a 91-year-old resident at the senior living facility, told Harris as she was describing her campaign’s health care proposal. “We don’t want you to mess with it.”

Jan 2016
Colorado
Kamala Harris confronted by upset Iowa resident: 'Leave our health care alone'

Presidential primary candidate Kamala Harris was confronted on Monday by an upset Iowa resident over the California senator’s plan to overhaul health care in the United States.
The Democrat was speaking to voters at the Bickford Senior Living Center in Muscatine, Iowa, when one of the center’s residents challenged her on how she planned to pay for “Medicare for All” and told her not to “mess with” health care.

“Leave our health care alone,” Roberta Jewell, a 91-year-old resident at the senior living facility, told Harris as she was describing her campaign’s health care proposal. “We don’t want you to mess with it.”
Heh! Muscatine is my hometown, where I was born and raised for the first 18 years of my life! Can't say I know this Roberta Jewell, though. Not that I would, with Muscatine being a city of about 25,000 people. And Roberta may not be a Muscatine native.

Someone should probably be explaining to Roberta how Donald Trump is trying to "mess with our healthcare".

So that she could be a bit more informed.

It's never too late!