Kamala Harris, Pistol Packing Mama

Rasselas

Former Staff
Feb 2010
valid location
Let me make sure I understand what you prpose here.
Are you saying that evry citizen, regardless of age, legal status , mental or physical disability, has a Constituional right to "keep and bear arms" pretty much of any type when, where and how he/she pleases?
He appears to be saying just that. To justify it, he's pretending that every citizen has an inviolate right to speak in any way, place, or time that he pleases. The plain language of the 2nd amendment is more circumspect than the 1st, but he's pretending that 2nd amendment rights are more wide-reaching than those associated with the 1st amendment.

May 2013
Boise, ID
There are mass shootings every week in Chicago, all with handguns, rifles are rarely used.

Statistically almost all mass shootings are committed with handguns.

24 shot, 5 fatally, in Chicago over warmest weekend this year

24 shot, 5 fatally, in Chicago over warmest weekend this year

Posted 6:41 AM, April 8, 2019, by WGN Web Desk, Courtney Gousman and Tonya Francisco, Updated at 05:22PM, April 8, 2019
The FBI defines a mass shooting as four or more deaths. I am not talking about the smaller incidences, nor the cumulative carnage over a weekend in Chicago.

AGAIN - The vast majority of the WORST mass shootings have largely involved assault-style rifles. They are the mass murderers weapon of choice.

The Deadliest Mass Shootings In History

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Hardly a given. Government is allowed to regulate firearms in specific ways that relate to public safety. But it IS up to local governments to regulate 1st amendment rights in public and it's up to states to decide who gets to vote. This is already common. Local and state authorities are allowed to determine time, place, and manner for 1st amendment rights--and they do. Different states have different rules about who can vote--felons can vote in some places, not in others. The only requirements are that all citizens have to be subject to the same rules and certain kinds of discrimination (age, sex) are not allowed.

Face it, you want gun rights to be MORE liberally applied in the law than speech rights.
First amendment and voting rights are the same for everyone, yet 2nd amendment rights are dished out selectively based on the subjective opinion of a single individual on a case by case basis in some places.
You keep repeating this lie. How many times to I have to debunk it? It's not the "subjective opinion of a single individual." It's the policy established by an elected official. The same is true for 1st amendment rights, where policies regarding time, place, and manner are determined at the state and local level.

We're going around in circles. You keep spouting things that aren't true and I keep correcting you. It's getting boring.
It is at the sole discretion of the San Diego county sheriff as to who has a good enough reason to get a carry permit, it is his subjective opinion alone that decides.

Apr 2015
Katmandu
The FBI defines a mass shooting as four or more deaths. I am not talking about the smaller incidences, nor the cumulative carnage over a weekend in Chicago.

AGAIN - The vast majority of the WORST mass shootings have largely involved assault-style rifles. They are the mass murderers weapon of choice.

But not even responsible for even 1% of firearm homicides over the period.

Apr 2015
Katmandu

The FBI doesn't have a definition of a mass shooting.

Apr 2010
Oregon
I already addressed this. She did not litigate against conceal carry. You need to actually read your own link.

“Local law enforcement must be able to use their discretion to determine who can carry a concealed weapon," Attorney General Harris said. "I will do everything possible to restore law enforcement's authority to protect public safety, and so today am calling on the court to review and reverse its decision."
She argued that the law passed that allows local law enforcement to determine who can carry a concealed weapon should not be overturned. You can agree or disagree with her position, but that is not litigating against conceal carry no matter how hard you try to spin it.

And for like the 400th time, from what I have read, Harris never claimed she had a concealed weapon.

May 2016
Florida
Boise specifically said "mass murders".
Huh? What would be particularily amusing about BoiseBo owning a firearm (gumn in your parlance)?"
Just more of him attacking members, but whines and screams foul when it happens to him. I think his "go-to" line is "are you picking a fight with me?".

May 2013
Boise, ID
The FBI doesn't have a definition of a mass shooting.
Yes they do

Mass Shootings: Definitions and Trends

What Is a Mass Shooting?

In the 1980s, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defined mass murderer as someone who “kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location” (Krouse and Richardson, 2015). However, the government has never defined mass shooting as a separate category, and there is not yet a universally accepted definition of the term. Thus, media outlets, academic researchers, and law enforcement agencies frequently use different definitions when discussing mass shootings, which can complicate our understanding of mass shooting trends and their relationship to gun policy. The table below provides examples of the variation in the criteria set by five of the most commonly referenced data sources on mass shootings in the United States.

Although there is no official standard for the casualty threshold that distinguishes a mass shooting from other violent crimes involving a firearm, a common approach in the literature is to adopt the FBI’s criteria for a mass murderer and set a casualty threshold of four fatalities by firearm, excluding the offender or offenders (Duwe, Kovandzic, and Moody, 2002; Krouse and Richardson, 2015; Gius, 2015c; Fox and Fridel, 2016). However, this categorization is not without controversy. It does not capture incidents in which fewer than four victims were killed but additional victims were injured, and it does not include multiple-victim homicides in which fewer than four fatalities resulted from gunshots but additional fatalities occurred by other means.

Additionally, the FBI classification of mass murderer was established primarily with the aim of clarifying criminal profiling procedures, not for the purpose of data collection or statistical analysis (Ressler, Burgess, and Douglas, 1988). Thus, many have chosen alternative definitions of casualty thresholds for mass shootings. For instance, Lott and Landes (2000) adopted the definition of two or more injured victims, the Gun Violence Archive (undated-a) defined mass shooting as an incident in which four or more victims (excluding the shooter) are injured or killed, and Mass Shooting Tracker (undated) set a criterion of four or more people injured or killed (including the shooter).