Kamala Harris Was Not a ‘Progressive Prosecutor’

Nov 2013
NY
Thread Derailing
Please dont derail my thread. Why dont any of you want to discuss her?

I am a huge proponent of prison reform amd justice reform and shes close to enemy #1 lets discuss the topic without derailing.
Don't vote for her. Don't obsess over her. And don't get upset if your bait thread doesn't take off.

In the given field of candidates, this early, chances are she will not come even close to be the candidate.

You really should focus on things that have an actual impact on your life.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
... I am a huge proponent of prison reform amd justice reform and shes close to enemy #1 lets discuss the topic without derailing.
Specifically, what elevates Harris to "enemy #1" of prison reform? While I agree her record is far from stellar, I'm not convinced it's the absolute worst by any measure.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
I'm not derailing your thread. Simply pointing out that I highly doubt you would ever vote for her, so why do you care? It's not like threads like this are going to change anybody's minds who might vote for her including me.

No politician is perfect. Whatever she did before she ran for elected could not possibly be any worse than what is going on currently under the Trump Party.

This thread is about kamala’s past as a prosecutor, you have not addressed this. This thread is not about trump.

Please stop derailing my thread. And trying to dissuade discussion isnt something you of all people should be doing. Now please stop derailing my thread.

Last edited:
Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Specifically, what elevates Harris to "enemy #1" of prison reform? While I agree her record is far from stellar, I'm not convinced it's the absolute worst by any measure.

A little hyperbole, but i did say close to as well, ;) but as one who is huge on prison reform, she has a very bad history. Against police accountability, fighting to keep innocents in prison on technicalities, this isnt minor stuff to me.

Specifically to your question the points I outlined in my 1st two posts.

Last edited:
Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
I'm not derailing your thread. Simply pointing out that I highly doubt you would ever vote for her, so why do you care? It's not like threads like this are going to change anybody's minds who might vote for her including me.

No politician is perfect. Whatever she did before she ran for elected could not possibly be any worse than what is going on currently under the Trump Party.

So you are ok with the things outlined in this article? Really?

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
Don't vote for her. Don't obsess over her. And don't get upset if your bait thread doesn't take off.

In the given field of candidates, this early, chances are she will not come even close to be the candidate.

You really should focus on things that have an actual impact on your life.

Malicious prosecutors impact all our lives.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
A little hyperbole, ut i said close to as well, ;) but as one who is huge on prison reform, she has a very bad history. Against police accountability, fighting to keep innocents in prison on technicalities, this isnt minor stuff to me. Specifically to your question the points I outlined in my 1st two posts.
On the other hand, her "Back on Track" program was a marked success which slashed the recidivism rate.

Nov 2013
NY
Malicious prosecutors impact all our lives.
She's not a prosecutor anymore, and chances that she will be again, are very slim.

You're a little late with your concern, don't you think ?
Stop living in the past, you really should focus on things that have an actual impact on your life.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
On the other hand, her "Back on Track" program was a marked success which slashed the recidivism rate.

Thats fine and I wont argue against any notable good she may have done, but to me, its unforgivable to Fight to knowingly keep innocent people in prison. To fight against body cams and the things i have listed. To me she should be a non starter for reasons I usually agree with people on the left.

Jul 2011
Old NYC/DMS
She's not a prosecutor anymore, and chances that she will be again, are very slim.

You're a little late with your concern, don't you think ?
Stop living in the past, you really should focus on things that have an actual impact on your life.

Goes to character and mindset. There is an innocent man in prison right now because of her. Why cant you people discuss the topic, namely the abhorrent things she has done as a prosecutor.

Are you ok with the things i quoted in my op?

As for being late? I started asking about her the moment o read up on her. I posted this article numerous times, no one would even acknowledge it, so I started a thread to discuss the contents of the article.