Kamala Harris

Oct 2013
USA
What I want: Kamala doesn't drink a photo op beer in her kitchen or shoot a different photo op video in a laundromat. She just impresses with a lovely grasp of sameness and solutions that reaches all demographics. I am not looking for a beer drinking buddy or someone to wash my clothes with. That is not my idea of reaching everyone. Everyone is not one lone demographic. I am not too interested in candidates role playing rust belt, or anyone running as a stereotype impression of a millennial. I just want someone like Kamala who has the intellect, experience, understanding, and the ability to represent the human element as a whole with real solutions, common sense and brainpower.

What I don't want: Any candidate imitating a demographic. It is very close to being an unforgivable mocking insult to people who are struggling. For now, Kamala is winning on my check list. She notes that all Americans have the same issues when they wake up at 3 in the morning no matter who they are; family, health, security.

It isn't just one demographic that wants representation. I have been looking for that candidate with real solutions that respects all Americans and doesn't assume that catering to one demographic is helpful to them. If I wanted a Democratic version of Trump I'd vote Trump. That isn't going to happen no matter what party foists a candidate who caters to one part of the US population. No more dumbing down our own country. For now Kamala has a real edge if she runs but we'll see if another grownup runs who comes armed with REAL solutions impacting us all.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
What I want: Kamala doesn't drink a photo op beer in her kitchen or shoot a different photo op video in a laundromat. She just impresses with a lovely grasp of sameness and solutions that reaches all demographics. I am not looking for a beer drinking buddy or someone to wash my clothes with. That is not my idea of reaching everyone. Everyone is not one lone demographic. I am not too interested in candidates role playing rust belt, or anyone running as a stereotype impression of a millennial. I just want someone like Kamala who has the intellect, experience, understanding, and the ability to represent the human element as a whole with real solutions, common sense and brainpower.

What I don't want: Any candidate imitating a demographic. It is very close to being an unforgivable mocking insult to people who are struggling. For now, Kamala is winning on my check list. She notes that all Americans have the same issues when they wake up at 3 in the morning no matter who they are; family, health, security.

It isn't just one demographic that wants representation. I have been looking for that candidate with real solutions that respects all Americans and doesn't assume that catering to one demographic is helpful to them. If I wanted a Democratic version of Trump I'd vote Trump. That isn't going to happen no matter what party foists a candidate who caters to one part of the US population. No more dumbing down our own country. For now Kamala has a real edge if she runs but we'll see if another grownup runs who comes armed with REAL solutions impacting us all.
Just saw her this morning. First time I had seen her interviewed. She does sound like a great person. Loved her laugh. I think she just might have a real chance in the primaries but she doesnt have the name recognition yet. With CAs primary moved up she certainly would win that. Thats a lot of votes. But if so many get in others are surely to win their own states too. So that is going to make it harder for any single person to win. Its going to be tight and down to the wire. Heard Julian Castro is announcing this weekend and of course rumors are still there that Biden, Beto, Booker, Gillibrand and now Sherrod Brown might announce. Lots of names.

Oct 2013
USA
Just saw her this morning. First time I had seen her interviewed. She does sound like a great person. Loved her laugh. I think she just might have a real chance in the primaries but she doesnt have the name recognition yet. With CAs primary moved up she certainly would win that. Thats a lot of votes. But if so many get in others are surely to win their own states too. So that is going to make it harder for any single person to win. Its going to be tight and down to the wire. Heard Julian Castro is announcing this weekend and of course rumors are still there that Biden, Beto, Booker, Gillibrand and now Sherrod Brown might announce. Lots of names.
I think her name recognition will rise substantially in the upcoming conformations as she utilizes the legal side of her brain. If she runs name recognition will not be an issue. She is a brilliant woman. I'll be taking a close look at Julian Castro as well as my surface view of him on issues is positive thus far. The candidates I'm not that impressed with are Biden, Beto, Warren, and a few others on the list. I tend to rule out those catering to one demographic, flavor of the month people, or anyone offering solutions that are not possible to pass if anyone understands the branches of government. I remain the same in looking for real and doable solutions minus the fluff. In other words don't treat voters like they are too stupid to chew gum and walk at the same time by catering to issue solutions they couldn't even deliver on when they were lawmakers in their own state or country. Who we are as a whole and what we want to be when our country grows up matters more than catering to one demographic. I think that makes me a political purist. lol

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Among others, too. I fear the 2020 Democratic clown car will eclipse the 2016 Republican clown car for absurdity. :(
I think the real danger whenever you get so many running is the ones with big name recognition will win. Because all the huge states will have their own hometown candidate that takes the pie. Gillibrand in NY, Harris in CA, Castro in TX etc. So that leaves fewer votes for anybody else other than maybe Biden who is well known. It wont be a clown car per se unless you get some celebrity figure that jumps in last minute.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think her name recognition will rise substantially in the upcoming conformations as she utilizes the legal side of her brain. If she runs name recognition will not be an issue. She is a brilliant woman. I'll be taking a close look at Julian Castro as well as my surface view of him on issues is positive thus far. The candidates I'm not that impressed with are Biden, Beto, Warren, and a few others on the list. I tend to rule out those catering to one demographic, flavor of the month people, or anyone offering solutions that are not possible to pass if anyone understands the branches of government. I remain the same in looking for real and doable solutions minus the fluff. In other words don't treat voters like they are too stupid to chew gum and walk at the same time by catering to issue solutions they couldn't even deliver on when they were lawmakers in their own state or country. Who we are as a whole and what we want to be when our country grows up matters more than catering to one demographic. I think that makes me a political purist. lol
The only danger for Harris is she hails from CA. Will that appeal in OH? WI? FL? I just dont know. There is such an outcry against the coastals by the heartland that I dont know if they can get it. For example I could see Biden appealing in all those states thus winning the primary. I also dont see Biden even attempting to run if he cant win. We will see soon.

Oct 2013
USA
Unfortunately, too many voters behave like they are too stupid to chew gum and walk at the same time.
That makes it very important that candidates not cater to that element as a substitute for sound solutions to real problems. I think that is what makes some of the candidates so insulting - the decision to imitate or cater to those who may not be as issue focused or those who have a negative agenda. I get it that Trump won that way but anyone who imitates him does not have the element of surprise now that the population sees the results. You can't try to be Trump and beat Trump imo.