Kentucky Republican Congressman Accused Of Sexual Assault Commits Suicide

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
https://www.yahoo.com/news/official-urges-expulsion-lawmaker-accused-assault-213652393.html

[FONT=&amp]Dan Johnson, a Republican state lawmaker in Kentucky known for inflammatory Facebook posts comparing Barack and Michelle Obama to monkeys and who defiantly denied allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl in the basement of his home, killed himself Wednesday night. He was 57.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Johnson shot himself on a bridge in Mount Washington, Kentucky. Tinnell confirmed the death to WDRB-TV in Louisville.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Johnson was elected to the state legislature in 2016, part of a wave of Republican victories that gave the GOP control of the Kentucky House of Representatives for the first time in nearly 100 years. He won his election despite Republican leaders urging him to drop out of the race after some of his racist Facebook posts came to light.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The pastor of Heart of Fire church in Louisville, Johnson sponsored a number of bills having to do with religious liberty and teaching the Bible in public schools. But he was mostly out of the spotlight until Monday, when the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting published an account from a woman saying Johnson sexually assaulted her in the basement of his home in 2013.
[/FONT]

-----

Sounds like a quality guy. Left a lot of pain behind him.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
https://www.yahoo.com/news/official-urges-expulsion-lawmaker-accused-assault-213652393.html

[FONT=&]Dan Johnson, a Republican state lawmaker in Kentucky known for inflammatory Facebook posts comparing Barack and Michelle Obama to monkeys and who defiantly denied allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl in the basement of his home, killed himself Wednesday night. He was 57.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Johnson shot himself on a bridge in Mount Washington, Kentucky. Tinnell confirmed the death to WDRB-TV in Louisville.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Johnson was elected to the state legislature in 2016, part of a wave of Republican victories that gave the GOP control of the Kentucky House of Representatives for the first time in nearly 100 years. He won his election despite Republican leaders urging him to drop out of the race after some of his racist Facebook posts came to light.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The pastor of Heart of Fire church in Louisville, Johnson sponsored a number of bills having to do with religious liberty and teaching the Bible in public schools. But he was mostly out of the spotlight until Monday, when the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting published an account from a woman saying Johnson sexually assaulted her in the basement of his home in 2013.
[/FONT]

-----

Makes me really want to work on my boys morals and confidence so that they know what is okay, and are not afraid to defend it, and are not afraid to reach out for help if they need it. just scary to see how much of this is coming to light.

About 30 years ago, I remember going to Church and the pastor there was talking and while talking he walked behind one of the choir boys and placed his hands on the boys shoulders... that meant nothing to me, but I was surprised when my school friend going to the same service spoke up right there and said "take your hands off the boy". The pastor did so, walked on, and kept on with the service, but at the time, I had no idea that something might have happened.... especially not in a church.

And now, it's like not even surprising anymore.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Makes me really want to work on my boys morals and confidence so that they know what is okay, and are not afraid to defend it, and are not afraid to reach out for help if they need it. just scary to see how much of this is coming to light.
Spot on. Teach that inner strength and self-reliance but we need to stop shaming people when they realize they need help too.

Another lesson this story teaches is we need to stop getting so invested in people we don't know. You don't know what that pastor is REALLY like. You don't know what that congressman is REALLY like. You don't know what that TV star is REALLY like. People who put themselves out there for gain, financial or otherwise, are only showing you what they want you to see.

Nov 2013
None of your business

[FONT=&]Dan Johnson, a Republican state lawmaker in Kentucky known for inflammatory Facebook posts comparing Barack and Michelle Obama to monkeys and who defiantly denied allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl in the basement of his home, killed himself Wednesday night. He was 57.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Johnson shot himself on a bridge in Mount Washington, Kentucky. Tinnell confirmed the death to WDRB-TV in Louisville.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Johnson was elected to the state legislature in 2016, part of a wave of Republican victories that gave the GOP control of the Kentucky House of Representatives for the first time in nearly 100 years. He won his election despite Republican leaders urging him to drop out of the race after some of his racist Facebook posts came to light.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The pastor of Heart of Fire church in Louisville, Johnson sponsored a number of bills having to do with religious liberty and teaching the Bible in public schools. But he was mostly out of the spotlight until Monday, when the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting published an account from a woman saying Johnson sexually assaulted her in the basement of his home in 2013.
[/FONT]

-----

@mods, please merge threads

http://politicalhotwire.com/current...-molestation-17-year-old-commits-suicide.html

Sorry [MENTION=2615]boontito[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Nov 2013
None of your business

About 30 years ago, I remember going to Church and the pastor there was talking and while talking he walked behind one of the choir boys and placed his hands on the boys shoulders... that meant nothing to me, but I was surprised when my school friend going to the same service spoke up right there and said "take your hands off the boy". The pastor did so, walked on, and kept on with the service, but at the time, I had no idea that something might have happened.... especially not in a church.

And now, it's like not even surprising anymore.
Good man, no one expects their children to stray, but it's going to be painful for a while, just imagine how painful it is for those women who endured it, and remained silent because they were self doubting, or scared or didn't know how it would affect them either financially or socially.

It's been a "dirty secret" for too long, and this is a purge, it's cathartic, and I don't blame one decent man for feeling the way you do.

I understand.

Nov 2013
None of your business

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

-----

Ah, this is not a good man

Rep. Dan Johnson Refuses To Resign, Denies Molestation Allegation | Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting

Sep 2016
My own world
Did this guy work on the 9/11 rescue or clean up? He claimed to have PTSD from 9/11. Anybody know if he was in NY on 9/11 or helped in the months after it? That is not sitting right with me. I think the allegations against him of sexually assaulted a young girl from his church made public a few days before he took his own life was the reason he killed himself. He claimed he was innocent and he blames the PTSD=too fishy,I think he didn’t want any part of the investigation and this was his way out. I think he was afraid once the truth was out he’d lose everything wife, job, friends family so he decided to keep to the denial and kill himself= this way he will be remember as a victim of PTSD instead of a sex affenderif had had the courage to face an investigation and trial.

Read the whole story in the next post and make up your own minds.

Last edited:
Sep 2016
My own world

Johnson, speaking at a news conference at his Heart of Fire Church in Fern Creek, denied ever committing arson or molesting a then-17-year-old member of his church in 2013. He implied that the story by the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting was motivated by funding sources to NPR and that the allegations were about politics.

“The Pope’s Long Con” was published Monday by the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting, which is part of WFPL. WFPL is an NPR member station.

The investigation included an accusation from 21-year-old Maranda Richmond that Johnson sexually assaulted her in the basement of his Fern Creek church in 2013. She was 17 at the time

Johnson was asked if he had ever paid anyone to commit arson. His response: “No, I have not.” But according to Jefferson County Police records, Johnson was arrested in October 1985 for his role in a plot to burn up his car so he could collect insurance money.

edited to comply with site copyright policy

Last edited by a moderator: