Key House Democrat requests Trump's tax returns from IRS

Jul 2017
U.S.A.
Surely both sides of the fence want to see this?
Discuss!

Key House Democrat requests Trump's tax returns from IRS
House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal has formally requested President Donald Trump's tax returns from the Internal Revenue Service, likely launching a battle with the administration that could stretch months or even years in the courts and could shed light on the President's finances.
In a letter to the IRS sent Wednesday and first obtained by CNN, Neal cites a little known IRS code in his request for six years of Trump's personal tax returns from 2013 to 2018. He also requested the tax returns of eight of Trump's business entities, a nod to escalating pressure from liberals in the caucus who have argued that Trump's personal returns wouldn't sufficiently paint a picture of the President's financial history.
While the move will largely be seen by Republicans as a political escalation, Neal explained in the letter the request is part of his oversight role. Neal wrote that the committee needed Trump's tax returns to consider legislation related to the IRS's practice of auditing sitting presidents.

Jan 2019
southeast
By law the Treasury has to respond.

Why do you think it's a bad idea to get ahold of his tax returns..you know if there is nothing to hide.
By law the Treasury has to respond.

Why do you think it's a bad idea to get ahold of his tax returns..you know if there is nothing to hide.
So let's see Bernie released the 1 tax return just like Trump. He is planning to run in 2020 and ran in 2016, are you going to demand this from him? In regard to Trump's tax returns, I really don't care just as I don't care if I see yours. Hell who knows maybe you are hiding something.

Jan 2019
southeast
So let's see Bernie released the 1 tax return just like Trump. He is planning to run in 2020 and ran in 2016, are you going to demand this from him? In regard to Trump's tax returns, I really don't care just as I don't care if I see yours. Hell who knows maybe you are hiding something.
Would, though, be interesting to see Madame Pelosi's tax returns. ;)

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
I fully agree. Sanders should release his taxes ASAP. It should be mandatory for any presidential candidate.

Oh please with the double standard. Again, if Trump has nothing to hide, why won't he just hand them over?

And why are you making this personal? I'm not running for any kind of political office.

Jan 2019
southeast
I fully agree. Sanders should release his taxes ASAP. It should be mandatory for any presidential candidate.

Oh please with the double standard. Again, if Trump has nothing to hide, why won't he just hand them over?

And why are you making this personal? I'm not running for any kind of political office.
Why? What business is it of yours. Your personal taxes are your own damn business. What do you recall of Bush's and Obama's tax returns...care to share?

Sep 2012
SoCal
Why? What business is it of yours. Your personal taxes are your own damn business. What do you recall of Bush's and Obama's tax returns...care to share?
President Obama released 11 years of tax returns. Rmoney tried to pull the same shit as tRump by releasing only 1 year … 1 year more than tRump released … fortunately he did not become president. Rmoney's father released 12 years of returns when he ran for prez. From 2012 ...

Here's How Many Years Of Tax Returns Obama Has Released...