KISS back in Russia

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
The legendary rock band KISS performed at the Ice Arena stadium in St. Petersburg few days ago (June 12th)

Tommy Thayer posted an Instagram photo of himself putting on his makeup and such backstage, before the show
http://instagr.am/p/Byk__aHFOBx/
Later they were in Moscow also, at VTB Arena

Well known Russian model Maria Vasilyeva, who is a big fan of KISS, with Paul Stanley and Tommy Thayer, before the Moscow show

:D

It's a part of a world tour they are on, I think they were in Germany before, and went on to Finland, after Russia.

I think it's awesome. Would never have been possible 40 or even 30 years ago. Whatever I may think of Putin, Russia today is eons better off than it has even been before...

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
I read somewhere, this is their last tour. If you have not seen Kiss yet....I recommend them. A great concert.

Jul 2014
midwest
I read somewhere, this is their last tour. If you have not seen Kiss yet....I recommend them. A great concert.
I haven't been to many concerts, but I saw KISS.

Yes, they were great.

And, that was a very long time ago.

Glad they are still getting it done...

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
I haven't been to many concerts, but I saw KISS.

Yes, they were great.

And, that was a very long time ago.

Glad they are still getting it done...
I have been to over 250 concerts since I was a teenager. LOL I keep the concert stubs in a album. I have 3 albums, working on my 4th. :) I could have been a groupie!! I saw KISS when I was in HS then again a couple of years ago. They are still pretty energetic. Gene used to spew fake blood on stage...he did not do that the last time I saw them.

Blues63

Dec 2014
Mustafa
It seems the rumours from a few months back that Paul had lost his voice lack substance.

Reactions: The Man
Jul 2014
midwest
I have been to over 250 concerts since I was a teenager. LOL I keep the concert stubs in a album. I have 3 albums, working on my 4th. :) I could have been a groupie!! I saw KISS when I was in HS then again a couple of years ago. They are still pretty energetic. Gene used to spew fake blood on stage...he did not do that the last time I saw them.
I saw them in the late 70's.

They were young and so was I.

Good times...

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Our shop teacher at my high school here in Canada was a big fan of theirs, always walked around in KISS t-shirts, there were posters of them hung up all over the work shop and in his office, and their music always screaming from the boombox he had up on a shelf in the shop lmao Fun times...

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
I call Tommy Thayer “Bogace Frehley”.
No Ace, No KISS. Paul’s voice is history. He’s lip syncing this tour.

Nov 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
They're playing here just around the corner from where I live on Wednesday. Together with ZZ Top.

I won't be going though - too many big names touring Europe this summer to see them all. I'm much more concerned that I don't have tickets for Slayer in July, which is also supposed to be their last ever world tour.