Knitters’ network bans Trump support on its website

May 2019
midwest
Since the Trump WH had no comment, it must know the reason for the ban is true.
:cool:

Knitters’ network bans Trump support on its website
June 24, 2019 — 4:33pm

NEW YORK (AP) — A free, 8-million strong social network for knitters, crocheters and others in the fiber arts has banned any mention of support for President Donald Trump and his administration.

The new policy on Ravelry.com was posted Sunday. The post says the site took the action because it can’t provide a space “inclusive of all and also allow support for open white supremacy.” The post went on to say that support of the Trump administration is “undeniably support for white supremacy.”

The site, founded in 2007, said the idea was not to ban Republicans or conservative politics but to distinguish them from “hate groups and intolerance.” The policy makes no mention of similar treatment for registered users who criticize Trump or the administration.

One of Ravelry’s co-founders, Jessica Forbes, did not immediately return a message for comment Monday. The White House declined comment Monday.

<<more @ link>>

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Another company doing great work for the masses, also known as their customers, bottom line, bread and butter.

Simply amazing. I'm so glad companies like this are taking a stand for the good of their company.. I mean the public.

This is very great news and I applaud any company who stands up and checks which way the wind is blowing so that they, and their marketers can rest assured they are making the best decisions for their brand, I mean their customers, I mean the masses.

Simply amazing.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Another company doing great work for the masses, also known as their customers, bottom line, bread and butter.

Simply amazing. I'm so glad companies like this are taking a stand for the good of their company.. I mean the public.

This is very great news and I applaud any company who stands up and checks which way the wind is blowing so that they, and their marketers can rest assured they are making the best decisions for their brand, I mean their customers, I mean the masses.

Simply amazing.
It's not a "real" company

It's a social media site - similar to Facebook.

Apr 2012

Simply amazing.
You mean more lies and showing hate for the constitution

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
On one hand, I agree that their site = their rules, and all that.

But, it all troubles me, honestly...

America is really starting to remind me of Russia, with the rigid, near-fanatic political and ideological divisions.

There are literally social sites there where the entry test is a question along the lines of "Who does Crimea belong to?", for example. One who says "It is ours (Russian)" may proceed. One who does not is a liberal traitor bastard and you are told to piss off, basically lol

And the anti-Putin opposition sites have similar entry requirements, only from other sites.

Problem is, it's not just online there. It spills into real life, the physical world. There are clubs, bars, cafes, and other businesses now in Russia, where your ideological views determine whether you are welcome there or not.

It used to be more along ethnic lines, those from Caucasus, like myself, were not allowed into plenty of places in Moscow.

Less of that now, it's declined in recent years, the ethnic segregation (though still happens, certainly). But political segregation has certainly become a thing now.

There are workplaces there which simply will not employ people of the opposing tribe. And there are actually multiple such "tribes" there.

I have one relative back there, he supports the Communist Party, and only hires ID-carrying Communist Party members for his delivery company, no joke. Another one backs Vladimir Zhirinovsky and his ultra-nationalist LDPR, and thinks the Communist relative is a Godless Bolshevik heathen. And only hires people with similar views too.

Last time the whole family over there got together, those two actually got into a fight, and the Communist stabbed the nationalist in the arm with a fork haha Better an arm than an eye, at least...

But, yeah, this shit is very, very unhealthy, in my opinion...