Lanny Davis says Cohen Directed Lawyer to Seek Trump Pardon, Contradicting Testimony

May 2013
Boise, ID
That's not how it works. If he was seeking a pardon, he wouldn't be ringing up the President and hitting 3 for pardons.

His lawyers would coordinate as it's a legal deal.

Do you have some links or evidence that shows Cohen's lawyers acting on his behalf to seek a pardon in his name without his consent?

Because that's what you are saying.
No that's not what I'm saying John. Context and time frames are everything. When this all started after the Cohen raid, Trump and Cohen attorneys had a "joint defense agreement". So Cohen asking Lanny Davis to explore that possibility was as you say, a legal deal. What Cohen said in his recent testimony was that he has not personally asked Trump or his attorneys for a pardon and that he wouldn't accept one if offered at this point. True on both accounts.

Jan 2019
southeast
No that's not what I'm saying John. Context and time frames are everything. When this all started after the Cohen raid, Trump and Cohen attorneys had a "joint defense agreement". So Cohen asking Lanny Davis to explore that possibility was as you say, a legal deal. What Cohen said in his recent testimony was that he has not personally asked Trump or his attorneys for a pardon and that he wouldn't accept one if offered at this point. True on both accounts.
Cohen Told Lawyer to Seek Trump Pardon
President’s former lawyer testified before House committee last week, ‘I have never asked for, nor would I accept, a pardon from Mr. Trump’

Michael Cohen Denied Asking Trump for Pardon

WSJ reports that a lawyer for Michael Cohen reached out to President Trump’s attorneys to inquire about the possibility of a pardon after his home and office were raided by the FBI. But in testimony before Congress last week, Mr. Cohen said he had never asked for a pardon from Mr. Trump.
By
Rebecca Ballhaus
Updated March 6, 2019 11:56 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON—Michael Cohen, a former lawyer for President Trump, directed his attorney last spring to inquire about the possibility of a presidential pardon, weeks after federal agents raided his properties, Mr. Cohen’s lawyer said Wednesday, apparently contradicting his testimony before a House committee last week.
The Wall Street Journal previously reported that Stephen Ryan, Mr. Cohen’s attorney at the time, discussed the possibility of a pardon with lawyers for Mr. Trump in the weeks after the Federal Bureau of Investigation...

Had nothing to do with Lanny Davis!

May 2013
Boise, ID
Cohen Told Lawyer to Seek Trump Pardon
President’s former lawyer testified before House committee last week, ‘I have never asked for, nor would I accept, a pardon from Mr. Trump’

Michael Cohen Denied Asking Trump for Pardon

WSJ reports that a lawyer for Michael Cohen reached out to President Trump’s attorneys to inquire about the possibility of a pardon after his home and office were raided by the FBI. But in testimony before Congress last week, Mr. Cohen said he had never asked for a pardon from Mr. Trump.
By
Rebecca Ballhaus
Updated March 6, 2019 11:56 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON—Michael Cohen, a former lawyer for President Trump, directed his attorney last spring to inquire about the possibility of a presidential pardon, weeks after federal agents raided his properties, Mr. Cohen’s lawyer said Wednesday, apparently contradicting his testimony before a House committee last week.
The Wall Street Journal previously reported that Stephen Ryan, Mr. Cohen’s attorney at the time, discussed the possibility of a pardon with lawyers for Mr. Trump in the weeks after the Federal Bureau of Investigation...

Had nothing to do with Lanny Davis!
My point stands and your cut and paste is meaningless.

Jan 2019
southeast
My point stands and your cut and paste is meaningless.
Why are you in such denial. This has nothing to do with Cohen as you stated. This was prior to Cohen when he asked his former attorney, Ryan, to go to Trump and ask for a pardon and then claims "I have never asked for, nor would I accept, a pardon from Mr. Trump

May 2013
Boise, ID
Why are you in such denial. This has nothing to do with Cohen as you stated. This was prior to Cohen when he asked his former attorney, Ryan, to go to Trump and ask for a pardon and then claims "I have never asked for, nor would I accept, a pardon from Mr. Trump
Yes, I said Lanny and not his previous attorney. I stand corrected but my point stands. Sorry :(

Jan 2019
southeast
Yes, I said Lanny and not his previous attorney. I stand corrected but my point stands. Sorry :(
How so? You know what he said during the hearing..."‘I have never asked for, nor would I accept, a pardon from Mr. Trump’ when the reality is he directed his attorney, Ryan, to discuss with Trump's lawyers the possibility of a pardon. I don't know how to say it to you other than he outright lied during the hearing.

May 2013
Boise, ID
How so? You know what he said during the hearing..."‘I have never asked for, nor would I accept, a pardon from Mr. Trump’ when the reality is he directed his attorney, Ryan, to discuss with Trump's lawyers the possibility of a pardon. I don't know how to say it to you other than he outright lied during the hearing.
And HE didn't ask for a pardon - His attorney may have discussed the matter with Rudy G. OR, Rudy may have dangled a pardon - We KNOW Donald did that early on with Manafort and Flynn. Hell, he discussed that possibility in broad daylight!

Sorry, not a lie. What in God's name do you think Cohen has to lie at this point and why? The guy has nothing to lose. You will never get him for lying to congress on that one. Try something else ;)

May 2007
your place
If you have testimony from a former Trump crony or associate, then it isn’t a surprise if they are somewhat slippery.

When mafia members turned, the government relied on testimony from people had committed all kinds of crimes.

Everybody can judge for themselves if Trump is a liar. He never shuts up so there is plenty of material to choose from. There is no question that Trump lied about his knowledge the Stormy Daniels hush money payments. He is famous for stiffing people he owes money to but made sure Cohen got reimbursed for the hush money payments.

Right wingers seem to think that attacking Cohen will help Trump. It won’t. The damage is done Cohen sang and gave a roadmap of what to investigate and who to talk to.

Jul 2016
BAN THE TROLL!!!!
If Davis actually said that, which I doubt, then he’s violating the confidentiality agreement he has with Cohen.

Methinks this is a ploy to force Trump to testify under oath.