Large portions of Earth's ice melting faster than expected.

Oct 2014
British expat in USA
We already went all over this. That prediction was 100% false. It had to do with "sea ice," not the ice caps. Even at the present warming trend, it would take 5,000 years to melt the polar ice caps.

Thanks for pulling us back into this stupidity.
Actually he was just pointing out that this stuff about the ice caps predicted to be gone by 2010 was nonsense and asked for the source. Just like I did a while back, and got ignored, because of course nobody ever predicted such a thing.

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Actually he was just pointing out that this stuff about the ice caps predicted to be gone by 2010 was nonsense and asked for the source. Just like I did a while back, and got ignored, because of course nobody ever predicted such a thing.
Correct. Sorry, just really annoyed that I even had to address something when it was never actually predicted....by ANYONE.

It was equally annoying that it took ten pages for the person who suggested it to let it die (I could not care less that this poster refused to admit to it, I was just happy that he finally dropped it). Oh, but let's keep talking about it like global warming had a birth certificate that listed it born in BENGHAZI and that it's parents were George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.

Oct 2014
British expat in USA
Well, drkstrong (my husband, btw) doesn't show up very often. He probably only posted because he'd been listening to me complaining about some of the idiocy being posted and asking about source material for the wilder claims, so he decided to turn up to see for himself.

Reactions: Puzzling Evidence
Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Climate change: Greenland ice melt 'is accelerating'
By Jonathan Amos

The loss of ice from 1992 to 2018 has occurred mostly around the coast of Greenland

The loss of ice from 1992 to 2018 has occurred mostly around the coast of Greenland

Greenlandis losing ice seven times faster than it was in the 1990s.

The assessment comes from an international team of polar scientists who've reviewed all the satellite observations over a 26-year period.
They say Greenland's contribution to sea-level rise is currently tracking what had been regarded as a pessimistic projection of the future.

It means an additional 7cm of ocean rise could now be expected by the end of the century from Greenland alone.
This threatens to put many millions more people in low-lying coastal regions at risk of flooding....

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
Loss of Ice has been occurring for 10,000 years.

Ohio was under the Arctic Ice cap. Sidney Austrailia was under Antarctic ice

Remember the last warming period Arctic and Antarctic were TROPICAL PARADISES

(This was when the climate was 2 full degress warmer than the current)

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Loss of Ice has been occurring for 10,000 years.

Ohio was under the Arctic Ice cap. Sidney Austrailia was under Antarctic ice

Remember the last warming period Arctic and Antarctic were TROPICAL PARADISES

(This was when the climate was 2 full degress warmer than the current)
Right. Its been been melting the same way it melted the last 20 years for 10,000 years straight. Sure it has.