Lawmakers slam Trump for laying 'blame on both sides' in Charlottesville rally

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
And those are only the Democrats speaking out against Trump. There were plenty of Republicans also who expressed their opposing views and disappointment.

----------------------------------------

Lawmakers slam Trump for laying 'blame on both sides' in Charlottesville rally - ABC News
By DAKSHAYANI SHANKAR,JOHN VERHOVEK and SAISHA TALWAR

"Sen. Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii, slammed Trump’s speech, saying "as a Jew, as an American, as a human, words cannot express my disgust and disappointment. This is not my President."
"Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., tweeted, “Trump just repeated his previous views of the moral equivalence of white supremacists and civil rights protesters in #Charlottesville,” adding, “@realDonaldTrump, there is no moral equivalence between those who fight for civil rights and white supremacists.”
"Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez asked Americans to “not lose hope,” “not give in to fear,” and “not be intimidated by this sad excuse for a president” in his statement."

Reactions: 1 person
May 2012
By the wall
I don't see a single republican in the link slamming Trump.

Care to quote the one that is?

Dec 2016
United States
I'm no longer a supporter of Mr Trump but I had to agree that both groups created the conflict and were active and armed for it. The film and photos prove that is a fact towards both side.

That this one incident is to be considered a national bellwether for only one group after so many other horrific incidents perpetrated by the other side (groups) does not square up. I think the manipulation of media and the push to create further division and conflict is ridiculous and dangerous for everyone (both sides).

It needs to stop.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
I'm no longer a supporter of Mr Trump but I had to agree that both groups created the conflict and were active and armed for it. The film and photos prove that is a fact towards both side.

That this one incident is to be considered a national bellwether for only one group after so many other horrific incidents perpetrated by the other side (groups) does not square up. I think the manipulation of media and the push to create further division and conflict is ridiculous and dangerous for everyone (both sides).

It needs to stop.
can you please clearly define the groups on "both sides" you're referring to? Because, I understand that there are the white supremacist domestic terrorist. Who's on the other side?

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
I don't see a single republican in the link slamming Trump.

Care to quote the one that is?
Like I said, go do your homework and quit asking me to do it for you. Right now there are four very influential Republicans who are certainly not praising Trump in this matter. In fact, they have spoken up about it but it's time you go read it for yourself to find out what they said. And those are only the Early Ones who have spoken up through tweets as of right now. No doubt there are more to follow. But those Republicans who have spoken up are the most prominent in the leadership of the Republican Party. So, when they don't endorse Trump on this matter, as they are not doing, their words Count Big.

Here's just one of them.

"More officeholders within the president’s own party expressed their discontent, with Rep. Ilena Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla., writing, "Blaming "both sides" for #Charlottesville?! No. Back to relativism when dealing with KKK, Nazi sympathizers, white supremacists? Just no.”