Lawyer for Ukraine whistleblower sends White House cease and desist letter to stop Trump's attacks

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
(CNN)A lawyer for the Ukraine whistleblower, whose complaint document triggered the House impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump, has sent a letter to the White House warning the President to "cease and desist" attacking his client.
"I am writing out of deep concern that your client, the President of the United States, is engaging in rhetoric and activity that places my client, the Intelligence Community Whistleblower, and their family in physical danger," Andrew Bakaj wrote to White House counsel Pat Cipollone in a Wednesday letter obtained by CNN's Anderson Cooper.
"I am writing to respectfully request that you counsel your client on the legal and ethical peril in which he is placing himself should anyone be physically harmed as a result of his, or his surrogates', behavior," he said.
READ: Whistleblower lawyer's letter to White House

the letter accuses Trump of tampering with a witness . It also warns of "appropriate action" if Trump doesn't cease and desist . But , I'm not sure what , if anything, the lawyers can do if he doesn't ? It's addressed to WH counsel and is written in the tone of a "professional courtesy" plea - for all the world to see. A must read document for the ages .

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
:lol:

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. The lawyer has made a mockery of the election and of true whistleblowers. He must be quite depressed that all his plans of a coup have come to nothing.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. The lawyer has made a mockery of the election and of true whistleblowers. He must be quite depressed that all his plans of a coup have come to nothing.
yes . In that passage Macbeth is describing how hopeless life has become after he learns of the death of his wife . He's says "life is but a poor player / That struts and frets his hour upon the stage” .

Pretty sure , we all know who that sounds like ...

The lawyer is the one that's actually doing his job.

Last edited:
Jul 2011
Tennessee
(CNN)A lawyer for the Ukraine whistleblower, whose complaint document triggered the House impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump, has sent a letter to the White House warning the President to "cease and desist" attacking his client.
"I am writing out of deep concern that your client, the President of the United States, is engaging in rhetoric and activity that places my client, the Intelligence Community Whistleblower, and their family in physical danger," Andrew Bakaj wrote to White House counsel Pat Cipollone in a Wednesday letter obtained by CNN's Anderson Cooper.
"I am writing to respectfully request that you counsel your client on the legal and ethical peril in which he is placing himself should anyone be physically harmed as a result of his, or his surrogates', behavior," he said.
READ: Whistleblower lawyer's letter to White House

the letter accuses Trump of tampering with a witness . It also warns of "appropriate action" if Trump doesn't cease and desist . But , I'm not sure what , if anything, the lawyers can do if he doesn't ? It's addressed to WH counsel and is written in the tone of a "professional courtesy" plea - for all the world to see. A must read document for the ages .
How can you tamper with the unknown?

Jun 2007
Wisconsin

Coup, the new word that the conspiracy nuts and trump cultists use as if they know what means.

May 2019
midwest

This IS no coup. Somebody has way better lawyers than the so-called president.
:cool:

Reactions: charleston2