Let's face it. 2017 sucks.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Trump supporters get no respect. Trump detractors cringe every morning when they turn on their computers. Trump's having a lousy time doing stuff he hates. Liberals hate younger left wingers. We have mass killings and shoot-outs in the streets. Nazis and white nationalists chant anti-semitic slogans in a venerated college town. Three major metropolitan areas have been devastated by unusually hard storms with checkered recovery performance. Everyone is upset about healthcare, either what they have or what they will lose. The European Union is falling apart even more and, like in America with Trump's victory, the "winners" are still unhappy. Wages still feel stagnant. We have a deceptively "vibrant" gig economy.

We all hate each other more than ever.

How can we make 2018 better?

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
I'm doing alright considering, but yeah it's been a bad one. On personal levels, one friend lost in Texas during Harvey, many of my friends and family lost everything and lost my mother in law to brain cancer.

All you can do is be positive. What else are you going to do? Contribute to this?

Good thread Davo but I can't wait to put it behind us. If.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
You know when you get out of the shower and you think you've dried off but are still a lil wet from the shower, and then you put a pair of pants on and your foot sticks in there and won't quite go through and you almost fall over. Then you realize you may have a hard spell if you do fall over which makes you start thinking about how old you are getting and then you're just sitting there on the edge of the bed, one leg in your pants staring at the wall, wondering how you got there. How anybody gets anywhere. Maybe nihilism is the way to go.

That's happened like 14 times this year alone.

Jan 2007
Trump supporters get no respect. Trump detractors cringe every morning when they turn on their computers. Trump's having a lousy time doing stuff he hates. Liberals hate younger left wingers. We have mass killings and shoot-outs in the streets. Nazis and white nationalists chant anti-semitic slogans in a venerated college town. Three major metropolitan areas have been devastated by unusually hard storms with checkered recovery performance. Everyone is upset about healthcare, either what they have or what they will lose. The European Union is falling apart even more and, like in America with Trump's victory, the "winners" are still unhappy. Wages still feel stagnant. We have a deceptively "vibrant" gig economy.

We all hate each other more than ever.

How can we make 2018 better?
Not much different then 2016 and previous.