Let's go to war?

Do you support US military action against Iran?

• Total voters
Sep 2012
California
The US was essentially founded on war and conflict and has been for 222 years. Why would we ever in a million years think we suddenly would be different? In the US peace is done via force. Thats why we think we are peaceful, we are the worlds law enforcement.
I think we tell ourselves that story to make it sound better and to assuage any guilt we have for killing people all over the world. We took it upon ourselves to be the world's policeman but witness which battles we chose. We reluctantly went into Kosovo after years of war. We ignored the slaughter in Rwanda. We did nothing when Russia annexed the Crimea. But let a few Chinese guys show up in Greneda and we are all over them. No, I believe we are the world's biggest war mongering nation and we love it. We decided to turn our forces into voluntary forces filled with young people from rural America and poverty stricken areas while the rest of us golf, hunt and fart around on blogs arguing about sending them yet again into another war in the Middle East. War gives us meaning, it defines who we are and our economy is tied to war not peace.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think we tell ourselves that story to make it sound better and to assuage any guilt we have for killing people all over the world. We took it upon ourselves to be the world's policeman but witness which battles we chose. We reluctantly went into Kosovo after years of war. We ignored the slaughter in Rwanda. We did nothing when Russia annexed the Crimea. But let a few Chinese guys show up in Greneda and we are all over them. No, I believe we are the world's biggest war mongering nation and we love it. We decided to turn our forces into voluntary forces filled with young people from rural America and poverty stricken areas while the rest of us golf, hunt and fart around on blogs arguing about sending them yet again into another war in the Middle East. War gives us meaning, it defines who we are and our economy is tied to war not peace.
We are capitalist war mongers. We only go after places that has stuff we want, minerals, oil, resources etc. ;)

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
I know. But to say it might be a "Syracuse" implies an existential disaster, as the Sicilian campaign would ultimately end the Athenian Empire.
It was a contributing factor to the breakup of the Delian League and it sparked the conspiracy to destroy the Athenian democracy (see Thucydides), but I did not intend to imply thus at all. The comparison was simply that of being led into a disastrous campaign. Nothing more.

And I think any comparison between Trump and Alcibiades is pretty tenuous.
It's a light hearted comparison based purely upon his populist and opportunistic style. I also compare him to Caligula, but not owing to the superficial perception of Caligula (cf. Suetonius), but for his contempt for the mos maiorum.

Last edited:
Nov 2008
Washington state
The question is, by whom?

We live in the age of false flags, man.

Look at Crimea 2014: Russian spec ops guys in plainclothes acting as enemy Ukrainian nationalist militia or whatever (but armed with portable grenade launchers, for instance, ONLY available to elite Russian units and NEVER exported outside the country; yeah, someone fucked up there lmao) "attacking Russian citizens"

and actual uniformed Russian troops then coming in en masse to "defend" those Russian citizens, from own colleagues haha

You think only Russia does shit like that? Others have been learning from them since...
American intelligence has found there is a planned attack on the USA, but they aren't revealing how, why and where at this point. This is why American citizens have been warned to leave Iran.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
American intelligence has found there is a planned attack on the USA, but they aren't revealing how, why and where at this point. This is why American citizens have been warned to leave Iran.
Americans would be very foolish to go near Iran right now, absolutely...

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
President Trump is frustrated with some of his top advisers, who he thinks could rush the United States into a military confrontation with Iran and shatter his long-standing pledge to withdraw from costly foreign wars, according to several U.S. officials. Trump prefers a diplomatic approach to resolving tensions and wants to speak directly with Iran’s leaders.

Trump grew angry last week and over the weekend about what he sees as warlike planning that is getting ahead of his own thinking, said a senior administration official with knowledge of conversations Trump had regarding national security adviser John Bolton and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
“They are getting way out ahead of themselves, and Trump is annoyed,” the official said. “There was a scramble for Bolton and Pompeo and others to get on the same page.”
Bolton, who advocated regime change in Iran before joining the White House last year, is “just in a different place” from Trump, although the president has been a fierce critic of Iran since long before he hired Bolton. Trump “wants to talk to the Iranians; he wants a deal” and is open to negotiation with the Iranian government, the official said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...2799213e824_story.html?utm_term=.c264ef27b96e

I agree with Davo and Trump!
Who sent war ships to the Middle East, was it:

John Bolton?
Mike Pompeo?
The CIC, Donald Trump?

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state

Trump warned us: A "desperate" president would attack Iran to win re-election

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowingFollowing @realDonaldTrump
In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran.
11:48 AM - 29 Nov 2011

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.

2:39 PM - Oct 9, 2012

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans!

9:43 AM - Oct 22, 2012