Levi's or Wranglers

Which brand do you prefer?

• Total voters
Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Red and blue states are buying blue jeans differently.

Republicans are more likely to wear Wrangler jeans, a brand popular in the West and Midwest, while Democrats favor San Francisco-based brand Levi’s, appealing to Americans living in cities, consumer research data cited by the Wall Street Journal show.

Levi’s customer base shifted from 2004 to 2018, growing by 3 percentage points to a more Democratic consumer base, while Wrangler’s swayed 13 percentage points toward a Republican customer base, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis. The Journal findings were drawn from 15 years of consumer surveys by research firm MRI-Simmons.

It seems everything is political these days.

Personally, I never considered my blue jeans political.

And, for the record .... this political model doesn't exactly fit me.

I'm a Levi's guy.

Nov 2015
UK

Republicans are more likely to wear Wrangler jeans, a brand popular in the West and Midwest, while Democrats favor San Francisco-based brand Levi’s, appealing to Americans living in cities, consumer research data cited by the Wall Street Journal show.

Levi’s customer base shifted from 2004 to 2018, growing by 3 percentage points to a more Democratic consumer base, while Wrangler’s swayed 13 percentage points toward a Republican customer base, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis. The Journal findings were drawn from 15 years of consumer surveys by research firm MRI-Simmons.

I'm a Levi's guy.
Neither because you pay a small fortune for the name. I just buy shops own brand from Marks & Spencers and sometimes from Tesco's and Asda.

In the UK, they're all made in Pakistan, Vietnam or India.

Reactions: John T Ford
Sep 2019
Idaho
Since impeachment is dead there's not a lot to talk about in here and leftist are changing the subject or off pouting in their bedrooms so this subject is good for taking a break from politics. I switched to wrangler. Fit me better, last a long time and I can buy the exact size and style I want on their website

Oct 2011
Washington State

I'm a Levi's guy.
I'm just shocked you wear pants.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Neither. I mean I really like both brands but don't wear hard denim anymore. Too hard on the package.

I like well-washed Carhartt, Dickies or Duluth. Most are fairly expensive but I haven't had a need to replaced any of them.

Nov 2008
Washington state
Bruce Dickinson: Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 2014
United States

I'm a Levi's guy.

I preferred Levi's when I was young, but most of my jeans are Wranglers now. Prolly just a price point situation. I haven't really given it much thought.

Reactions: John T Ford