'LGBT' Sandwich Causes Controversy

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas

A U.K. retail chain is getting toasted roasted on social media over a controversial sandwich.

In celebration of Pride festivities in the U.K., Marks and Spencer recently began offering its “LGBT” sandwich — a guacamole-inclusive twist on a BLT — complete with packaging decorated with the colors of the rainbow flag.

But despite praise from some within the LGBTQI+ communities, the item raised more than a few eyebrows on Twitter, with some accusing the retailer of marginalizing the community and culture.

'LGBT' sandwich causes controversy: 'Using an entire community for publicity and profit'

I personally prefer for companies to stay out of politics.

It just seems to work better that way.

But, I have to say .....

I thought this was quite the creative spin on the whole LBGT thing.

Who doesn't love BLT's ..... well except for those who have been cursed in this life and can't eat BACON !!!!!

And, add Guacamole too .....

C'mon .....

What's the problem?

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----

A U.K. retail chain is getting toasted roasted on social media over a controversial sandwich.

In celebration of Pride festivities in the U.K., Marks and Spencer recently began offering its “LGBT” sandwich — a guacamole-inclusive twist on a BLT — complete with packaging decorated with the colors of the rainbow flag.

But despite praise from some within the LGBTQI+ communities, the item raised more than a few eyebrows on Twitter, with some accusing the retailer of marginalizing the community and culture.

'LGBT' sandwich causes controversy: 'Using an entire community for publicity and profit'

But, I have to say .....

Who doesn't love BLT's ..... well except for those who have been cursed in this life and can't eat BACON !!!!!

C'mon .....

What's the problem?
Guacamole is the problem.
yuk

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious

But, I have to say .....

C'mon .....

What's the problem?
There's a lot of people that would buy that sandwich if it wasn't called a homosexual sandwich.

Maybe this type of advertising works in places like San Francisco with vegan food.