Life in the Liberal Zoo: BART refuses to turn over crime surveillance videos because

Jan 2014
California
Mr. Spooky,

Then there is this:

Sharp jump in rapes on BART property - Story | KTVU

The number of rapes and sexual assaults are up.

Then the talking head says:

"The thing to remember, though, is this is a thankfully very, very low number considering the number of people that go through BART every day," said BART spokesman Taylor Huckaby.

There should be no rapes, for god's sake. It is a freaking train line.

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2007
In my mind
they don't want to unfairly stereotype the criminals....

BART Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ?Stereotypes? « CBS San Francisco

this comes a criticism that BART police stop releasing daily crime reports because it would show there were daily crimes on BART:

After criticism, BART resumes providing riders daily crime log - SFGate
BART, a transportation system that spans multiple counties, is "liberal"?

I think that is nothing more than reflexive partisan outrage that masks self critiques.

Reactions: 3 people
Feb 2015
sadness
they don't want to unfairly stereotype the criminals....

BART Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ?Stereotypes? « CBS San Francisco

this comes a criticism that BART police stop releasing daily crime reports because it would show there were daily crimes on BART:

After criticism, BART resumes providing riders daily crime log - SFGate

yes, i found that rather amusing too.

they are now falling back on they are underage criminals in the video. HOWEVER....that is not what they original said.

By saying what they are saying makes it worse in my opinion. We know they are all black. What is the big deal. And... unless they provide video that they are not all black.... they only make the problem worse.

Feb 2015
sadness
Mr. Spooky,

Then there is this:

Sharp jump in rapes on BART property - Story | KTVU

The number of rapes and sexual assaults are up.

Then the talking head says:

"The thing to remember, though, is this is a thankfully very, very low number considering the number of people that go through BART every day," said BART spokesman Taylor Huckaby.

There should be no rapes, for god's sake. It is a freaking train line.

the thing to notice.. is they do not name oakland as to where the attacks took place.

Jan 2014
California
BART, a transportation system that spans multiple counties, is "liberal"?

I think that is nothing more than reflexive partisan outrage that masks self critiques.
Mr. Myself,

Yes. Every place it runs is represented by a liberal, and all the elected board of directors are liberals.

Reactions: 2 people
Feb 2007
In my mind
Mr. Myself,

Yes. Every place it runs is represented by a liberal, and all the elected board of directors are liberals.
I find it deliciously amusing that your argument lacks any points other than to sit there and whine that a fucking mass transit system is "liberal". Can't take to task policy, or politicians, instead you are calling electric trains names.

Brav-fucking-o.