Like a disease

I

Inkslinger

It is like some sort of virus. It is like some sort of weird and painful rash on your face that makes you embarrassed to walk out the door and so you sit there day after day, waiting for it to go away, slathering on ointment and Bactine and scotch. And yet still it lingers.

Some days the pain is so searing and hot you want to cut off your own head with a nail file. Other days it is numb and pain-free and seemingly OK, to the point where you think it might finally be all gone and you allow yourself a hint of a whisper of a positive feeling, right up until you look in the mirror, and scream.

George W. Bush is just like that.

D

davideyoung

I think personal insults at a guy with no other point, when he is not here to respond, no matter who the guy is, is a little unfair. Is there any point to your post but passing insults without cause at another person?

I

Inkslinger

My bad

I was quoting a link, but forgot to put the link down. The point is that this adminstration is foul, corrupt, and anti-American and I'll post till I'm blue in the face to get the message out. I guess other than screenprinting anti-Bush tees and signing online petitions, I don't know what else to do. I'm just really THAT passionate about my dislike for Bush. I have kids. I want the old America back for THEM!

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2006/07/07/notes070706.DTL&nl=fix

D

davideyoung

Opinion columnists always crack me up. Okay, here is how I see it.

First, I do not like Bush. I never did, and I think is is bad for America's future.

However, I will not say that he is anti-American, because he clearly is not. If anything, he is too far gung-ho for America. He thinks the whole world should be America, and that is his problem. He needs to get back home for a few reality checks.

A

A Moderate

Can we?

Can we really say what he is? You have heard his speeches, but you probably know nothing of him. To judge his leadership in this country is one thing, but to judge his personality is going too far. Don't judge a man unless you walk in his shoes. Or at least meet him.

I

Inkslinger

Bush has defied our constitution. how much more un-American can ya get? ~Inky

D

davideyoung

I have to agree with Moderate on that. Bush has just been more open and public about it - but no more than every member of out Congress in 2002. Unanomouos passing of the Homeland Security Act, which defies the Constitution at every turn, makes clear that Bush is no more defiant of it than every Fed we ellected.

M

Maritxu

what an asshole did doesn't justify what a newer asshole does, or am I a wrong davideyoung?

D

davideyoung

Marit, I am not sure what you are referring to. I do not know enough representatives well enough to call any of them assholes. Despite what we may think, they are acting on what they think is best for the country. Sometimes the road to Hell is indeed paved with good intentions - that does not mean the good intender paving it is an asshole - just mislead.

Recent Similar Discussions Forum Date
Healthcare