Likely Presidential Candidate Sen. Sherrod Brown Flatly Calls Trump a Racist

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Jan 2016
Colorado
You know, for totally unrelated reasons, I am unlikely to become an enthusiastic supporter of Sherrod Brown, but I am going to award him 100 extra credit bonus points for being just plain forthrightly honest about the racism of our President Donald Trump.

Good on YOU, Sherrod Brown.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
You know, for totally unrelated reasons, I am unlikely to become an enthusiastic supporter of Sherrod Brown, but I am going to award him 100 extra credit bonus points for being just plain forthrightly honest about the racism of our President Donald Trump.

Good on YOU, Sherrod Brown.
he'll likely give voters an alternative to Bernie Sanders. I don't know that much about him. But, I do agree this is an issue that the Democrats need to stop running away from.

Jan 2016
Colorado
he'll likely give voters an alternative to Bernie Sanders. I don't know that much about him. But, I do agree this is an issue that the Democrats need to stop running away from.
He seems to disagree with Bernie Sanders on the affordability of Medicare-for-All, but they share a lot of views on trade.....and that is where I differ with the BOTH of them......

RNG

Former Staff
Jan 2015
Left coast
I loved the way Cory Booker answered when asked if he thought Trump was racist. I read it on a tweet, and there is a video of it in the link below.

He said words to the effect "I can't see into another's heart so I will leave that to the Lord. But I have heard white supremacists use the same phrases as the president uses."

As I said, the above is not an accurate quote in terms of the words, but as you can see if you watch the video linked below, it is accurate to the message.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/booker-asked-if-he-thinks-trump-is-racist/2019/02/01/9c34125f-8eab-446f-ac44-9f19fdd32c80_video.html?noredirect=on

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Flame Baiting
Liars gonna lie and Brown is a typical Dim liar.

Trump-Tiger-Woods-Ralph-Northam-BlackfaceKKK-1024x576.jpg

Dims, the party of slavery, the Civil War, the KKK, Jim Crow, lynchings, abortion in the birth canal and after born alive, and Northam et al.

Reactions: Izzshemovin
Feb 2018
Texas
Likely Presidential Candidate Sen. Sherrod Brown Calls Trump a Racist – Rolling Stone
wow.
Talk about laying down a marker. Now, every candidate that trying to win the nomination is going to have to be asked if they think Trump is a racist? Fine. It's high time that we he was held accountable for his racist history. Kudos to Sherrod Brown for not being afraid of to speak honestly about it.
Lol, no new ideas, nothing to help our nation move forward. Just RACIST!!!!! Typical leftist go-to crap.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Lol, no new ideas, nothing to help our nation move forward. Just RACIST!!!!! Typical leftist go-to crap.
actually, Sherrod Brown has a lot of ideas. Some of which are already being discussed on this thread. What he said is that we need to have an honest discussion about race in this country. Starting with the current occupant of the WH. Who he thinks is a racist. He made his argument as to why. Now, do you have any rebuttal to his actual argument , or not?