Listen to Obama lie in Brazil

Feb 2011
The formerly great golden state
There is Laws for people that obey laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and of course, people who don't obey laws don't care what the laws are.

Looks like I was wrong about California. If I want to buy a gun from a private party, I'll have to flout the law or go to another state.

Nov 2008
Washington state
It would be illegal for you to even borrow a gun from a friend or neighbor in California.
Assembly Bill No. 1511
Existing law generally requires the loan of a firearm to be conducted through a licensed firearms dealer. A violation of this provision is a crime. Existing law exempts from this requirement a loan of a firearm between persons who are personally known to each other, if the loan is infrequent and does not exceed 30 days in duration.
This bill would instead limit that exemption to the loan of a firearm to a spouse or registered domestic partner, or to a parent, child, sibling, grandparent, or grandchild, related as specified. The bill would require a handgun loaned pursuant to these provisions to be registered to the person loaning the handgun. By expanding the application of an existing crime, this bill would impose a state-mandated local program. Bill Text - AB-1511 Firearms: lending.

Apr 2014
Maryland
This thread is about Obama's lies in Brazil, focus. Defend Obama's lies or start your own thread, thanks.
Why don’t you get more concerned about a president who has lied over 10,000 times and they are fact checked because they are his own words and his own tweets. But it’s easier to blame Obama

Apr 2019
Southeast
Why don’t you get more concerned about a president who has lied over 10,000 times and they are fact checked because they are his own words and his own tweets. But it’s easier to blame Obama
You know you are being used to parrot that "10K" lie, right?

I already debunked that BS, in this very thread.

Not to mention, i was not speaking to you.

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
Those are regulated by the National Firearms Act and uou have to have a special license from the ATF to purchase those guns. Plus, most of the guns listed on that site cost over $20,000.

You didn't even read your own link lol.

I heard him lie, enough times while in the WH, filled my quota

TNVolunteer73

Former Staff
Nov 2014
TN
Bump Stocks Will Soon Be Illegal, But That's Not Stopping Sales

There's a countdown clock on the website for RW Arms, a Texas-based seller of firearms accessories. It tracks the days, hours, minutes and seconds until they're no longer permitted to sell bump stocks, devices that allow semi-automatic rifles to fire almost as fast as illegal machine guns.Promotional emails from RW Arms also include the countdown clock, urging customers to "order now" to "enjoy this unique firing experience" while they can.

RW Arms' sales pitch does not dwell on the fact that, by March 26, its customers will have to destroy or hand in any bump stocks they buy. In fact, no bump stocks will be "grandfathered in." The new federal rule reclassifies them all as "machine guns," no matter when they were purchased, and owning one will become a felony.

But it's anyone's guess how many people will dispose of their bump stocks. About half a million of the devices have been sold since 2010, and so far relatively few have been turned in to authorities — even in the handful of states that banned them before the federal rule came out in December.

One reason may be a lingering hope that the ban will be reversed. Gun rights activists have filed several lawsuits, accusing the government of bowing to political pressure when the ATF reversed its earlier findings that bump stocks were legal.

Bump Stocks Will Soon Be Illegal, But That's Not Stopping Sales
Seems trump did more than Obama.... ... ....

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Oh please... This is unsupported hyperbole at best. We can do better, can't we?
Are you serious?

This was complete and utter BS from Obama. Yet you decided to go with "trivial exaggeration"? But yes, that's what I'm after . . . much better, logical, factual and legit discussion.

Yes, Obama did imply in his remarks that obtaining a fully automatic weapon is easier here in the U.S. than it actually is. And...? It wasn't a "lie", it was a relatively trivial exaggeration.
Yes, I've read your posts and those of your fellow gun... enthusiasts. What's abundantly clear is that you and others will seize on whatever trivial error or lapse in technical terminology another might make in order to dismiss their arguments out of hand. "Ha! You said 'clip' instead of 'magazine.' Dismissed!!!111!!!"
Except like you . . . it isn't some trivial error or lapse in technical terminology. It's an outright lie and much more than some trivial exaggeration. Y'all are choosing to be deceptive and confuse your base with "mean words" to gin up support from the ignorant.

I'm not saying that the precise definition of "assault rifle", for example, is wholly irrelevant. But harping on that definition to avoid any discussion of the underlying issues is not helpful.
Again . . . if you want to discuss something you should know what you're talking about.

Okay. Thanks for illustrating my point so magnificently. You'd gladly do away with the current restrictions on the purchase and ownership of fully automatic weapons. Good to know...
Yes I would. Very gladly.

Again, thanks.
Welcome.

Doubtful...? Why? Are you contesting the fact that the total number of gun-owning households is dropping over time? Or are you suggesting that this trend can continue indefinitely without any political repercussions? Perhaps you're thinking that this trend will somehow reverse itself sometime soon. It's easy to assert one's passion-fueled beliefs, harder to defend them objectively, eh?
43% of households owned firearms in the early 70s. Over the last 20 years that number jumped to 47% and is now back to 43%. So yes, I'm contesting your "fact" that the total number of gun-owning households is dropping.

Great. Does this logic extend to, say, an M116 howitzer? If not, why not?
Depends. What's the situation? But sure . . . if something is legally purchased.