Listening to today's hearing...

raj

Oct 2018
In your head
Lots of talk about the "transcript" (which really isn't a transcript, as it was compiled by notes). But I was struck by something that no one seems to be addressing.

Everyone quotes the "I would like you to do us a favor, though..." part, but not what follows, which I think is even more damning. Right after that, Trump says "...because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a
lot about it."

Now, think about this. One of the many lines of defense floated by Trump and his enablers has been that he was "concerned about corruption in Ukraine" and that investigating the oil company that hired Hunter Biden was part of that, but that rejoinder actually shows that's a total lie. Trump's obvious #1 concern was for Ukraine to add legitimacy to his insane, Russian-fed conspiracy theory about Ukraine hacking the 2016 election and housing the imaginary DNC server. That, in fact, has absolutely nothing to do about Zelensky's efforts at thwarting corruption in his country.

A bit later in the conversation, Trump adds this: " The other thing, There's a lot of. talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great."

The thing that I find noteworthy here (aside from what should be obvious) is Trump dumping this right in Barr's lap. The fact that he hasn't recused himself yet (which, as mind-blowing as it seems, actually makes Jeff Sessions look noble in comparison) is astounding. But what is no less incredible to me is the depths to which Republican congressmen are diving to in their attempts to defend this thug and his dangerous gang of amateurs.

Reactions: Babba
Jan 2019
southeast
Lots of talk about the "transcript" (which really isn't a transcript, as it was compiled by notes). But I was struck by something that no one seems to be addressing.

Everyone quotes the "I would like you to do us a favor, though..." part, but not what follows, which I think is even more damning. Right after that, Trump says "...because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a
lot about it."

Now, think about this. One of the many lines of defense floated by Trump and his enablers has been that he was "concerned about corruption in Ukraine" and that investigating the oil company that hired Hunter Biden was part of that, but that rejoinder actually shows that's a total lie. Trump's obvious #1 concern was for Ukraine to add legitimacy to his insane, Russian-fed conspiracy theory about Ukraine hacking the 2016 election and housing the imaginary DNC server. That, in fact, has absolutely nothing to do about Zelensky's efforts at thwarting corruption in his country.

A bit later in the conversation, Trump adds this: " The other thing, There's a lot of. talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great."

The thing that I find noteworthy here (aside from what should be obvious) is Trump dumping this right in Barr's lap. The fact that he hasn't recused himself yet (which, as mind-blowing as it seems, actually makes Jeff Sessions look noble in comparison) is astounding. But what is no less incredible to me is the depths to which Republican congressmen are diving to in their attempts to defend this thug and his dangerous gang of amateurs.
Why should he recuse himself?

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.

lot about it."

It is bizarre listening to Republicans discuss all of this. Some are just stupid enough to believe the ridiculous conspiracy theories as truth, but many of them know they are lying. These are scary times.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: the bull59
May 2019
midwest
Why should he recuse himself?
Pay attention jenniel. Trump lapdog Billy Barr is biased towards sleazy Trump when that is NOT his job to act as HIS personal attorney. After all, Barr is United States Attorney General who has now made the DOJ the personal law firm for sleazy Trump.
:cool: