(LOL) Hedgefund manager who owns AMI (National Inquirer) is 'disgusted' with it's tactics--desperately trying to DUMP IT

Jul 2015
Florida
Once in a while KARMA just delivers one up! I hope PECKER got all his money UP FRONT!!

Hedge fund manager controlling AMI is ‘disgusted’ and wants to sell the National Enquirer ASAP: report

BOB BRIGHAM
10 APR 2019 AT 18:23 ET

Donald Trump (left), Ivanka Trump (center) and AMI CEO David Pecker (right). Image via Twitter

Supermarket tabloid the National Enquirer is for sale, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

“American Media Inc. is actively seeking to sell off the National Enquirer, according to three people familiar with the process who asked not to be named because they were not authorized to speak publicly,” The Post reported. “The decision to sell came after the hedge fund manager whose firm controls AMI became “disgusted” with the Enquirer’s reporting tactics, according to one of these people.”

“American Media has been under intense pressure due to the Enquirer’s efforts to tilt the 2016 presidential election in favor of Donald Trump, who is a longtime friend of American Media’s president and CEO, David Pecker. Pecker and his supermarket tabloid have also been embroiled in recent months in an unusually public feud with Jeff Bezos, who also owns The Washington Post,” the newspaper noted.

“The imminent sale removes the Enquirer from Pecker’s control and puts some separation between the tabloid and recent scandals stemming, in part, from Pecker’s close relationship with Trump,” The Post added.

Read the full report.

Hedge fund manager controlling AIM is ‘disgusted’ and wants to sell the National Enquirer ASAP: report

Jun 2014
United States
It's sad that the National Enquirer is relevant in today's world. When I was young, the National Enquirer was a joke that people laughed at. It was considered more of a comic book than a legitimate news source. In today's world, fantasy is considered by many to be just as valid as is reality, so long as one believes strongly enough.

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Wow! this is BIG! All three big periodicals potentially going up for sale. Wonder who would buy them? And would they change the format? After all, many a mind is now very curious!

Jul 2015
Florida
It's sad that the National Enquirer is relevant in today's world. When I was young, the National Enquirer was a joke that people laughed at. It was considered more of a comic book than a legitimate news source. In today's world, fantasy is considered by many to be just as valid as is reality, so long as one believes strongly enough.
I chastised my grandmother strongly and tried to 'shame' her into quit reading it. I have no idea if she continued or not, I moved away from the area. I tried to explain it was all 'fake'
and I think that was the ACTUAL word we used back then. I don't remember ANYONE calling it news.

The irony of ironies is it was MOSTLY HARMLESS back then. Big Foot was wandering in forests. Elvis was still alive and seen EVERYWHERE. A woman gave birth at 150. (She was inseminated by a space alien). UFOs were everywhere and mostly visited Hollywood stars. So and so (fill in the blank) ONLY HAS 1 year, 3 months, 2 weeks to live or will die tomorrow. Anyone who was anyone was screwing another anyone who was anyone.

Then they discovered JOHN EDWARDS love child and they thought they were the NY TIMES. And then Trump camed along and it turned into this...

Last edited:
May 2012
By the wall
They broke the story on Edwards when others like the NYT's missed it.

How is that not relevant?