LOL: Japan's 1ST Lady dissed TRUMP at dinner--PRETENDED she didn't speak English!

Jul 2015
Florida
This IS funny. Apparently, she was seated right next to him. He even remarked it about her himself, lovely lady but didn't speak English (don't know if he tried or assumed). She apparently speaks English quite well.

Did Japan’s first lady pretend she couldn’t speak English to avoid talking to Trump?
[FONT=&amp]
DAVID FERGUSON
20 JUL 2017 AT 12:18 ET
[/FONT]

President Donald Trump and Japanese First Lady Akie Abe (composite image)
[FONT=&amp]DON'T MISS STORIES. FOLLOW RAW STORY!
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The wife of Japan’s prime minister may have pretended not to understand English in order to avoid speaking with President Donald Trump at a G20 Summit dinner where Trump left his seat to speak privately with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

British newspaper The Mirror reported Thursday that Akie Abe, wife of PM Shinzo Abe, was seated next to Trump at the dinner on July 8.

Trump said to the New York Times in an interview published Wednesday, “So, I was seated next to the wife of Prime Minister Abe, who I think is a terrific guy, and she’s a terrific woman, but doesn’t speak English.”

The meal was “hard,” the president said, because it went on for nearly two hours. “So I’m sitting there. There was one interpreter for Japanese, ’cause otherwise it would have been even tougher. But I enjoyed the evening with her, and she’s really a lovely woman, and I enjoyed — the whole thing was good,” Trump told the Times.

However, as journalist Sam Thielman pointed out, Akie Abe speaks excellent English.

Twitter users celebrated Mrs. Abe’s clever dodge.
9h
Jessica Valenti
✔@JessicaValenti

Replying to @SamThielman
lol that's amazing
Follow
Sam Thielman
✔@
SamThielman

"Look, I'm just going to pretend I don't speak English."
"You worked at the world's largest ad agency."
"I don't care"
7:26 AM - 20 Jul 2017

9h
Jessica Valenti
✔@JessicaValenti

Looks like the First Lady of Japan pretended not to speak English for nearly 2 hrs to avoid talking to Trump https://twitter.com/samthielman/status/887987198146097152 …

Did Japan?s first lady pretend she couldn?t speak English to avoid talking to Trump?

[/FONT]

Reactions: 2 people

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
obviously fake news.
How does the media know that Trump wasn't pretending like he didn't speak Japanese?

Reactions: 3 people