London prostitutes 'cleaned from the streets'

Jun 2006
Vancouver
That would depend on if the trade is legal. Raiding the illegal brothels is common sense, but sweeping away the legal street prostitutes would be harrassment.

More importantly... how fucked up is their banning brothels but allowing street level????

Desperate junkies wandering the streets being assaulted raped and beaten so their pimp can take all the money is LEGAL - but the licenced (safe), regulated brothel is the ILLEGAL form of prostitution???

So basically the exact polar opposite of sensible and safe.

Well done Britain. Well done. I've always enjoyed your farce.

Last edited:
Dec 2010
Southington Connecticut
That would depend on if the trade is legal. Raiding the illegal brothels is common sense, but sweeping away the legal street prostitutes would be harrassment.

More importantly... how fucked up is their banning brothels but allowing street level????

Desperate junkies wandering the streets being assaulted raped and beaten so their pimp can take all the money is LEGAL - but the licenced (safe), regulated brothel is the ILLEGAL form of prostitution???

So basically the exact polar opposite of sensible and safe.

Well done Britain. Well done. I've always enjoyed your farce.
Let us not caste the first stones. I bet if one searches honestly one will find that every country that hosts olympics or other major high international games does do cleanup of various sorts.

Last edited:

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
You know what's funny? Thanks to movies and BBC television, when I imagine London prostitutes I picture snooty aristocratic wimen who after agreeing on a price with you they then call for their man to bring the car around and then whisk you off to the countryside.

Apr 2011
Under your skin
You know what's funny? Thanks to movies and BBC television, when I imagine London prostitutes I picture snooty aristocratic wimen who after agreeing on a price with you they then call for their man to bring the car around and then whisk you off to the countryside.
I was picturing more something like this.