Looking for a Silver Lining in Trump's Dark Cloud

raj

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
You can only look on at the human cymbal crash that is Donald Trump for so long before you either get a terrible headache or are overcome by the noxious fumes of smug self indulgence. I don't know about you, but every few weeks I turn off MSNBC and CNN and stop reading WaPo and just try to coast by picking up bits and pieces from the wrecked ship of state, although it's admittedly more difficult turn away during these last few weeks due to the appearance of the WH reality show's hot new cast member, the Impeachment Proceeding.

One of the best remedies for those occasional bouts of Trump toxicity has been to laugh through it, and IMO, nothing works better than Seth Meyers' "A Closer Look" episodes (which is also the only reason I haven't deleted my FB account yet). Seth has been on a roll these last couple of weeks. Take, for instance, this episode from 10 days ago. Despite the decidedly :dark threads flowing through this bit, it is both funny as hell and absolutely true. I literally had tears running down my cheeks at points. Some Closer Looks are funnier than others, but this one was a winner, IMO.

Anyway, what do you do to take the edge off the Insane Clown Posse Presidency?

I'm open to all good suggestions.

Last edited:
Apr 2018
Northern end of Lake Erie
How about you stop hating on the man and let him do his fucking job, mmmkay? oh but I forgot, had he been a DemocRAT, then you would be cheering him on.

Reactions: Spookycolt
Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
You can take look on at the human cymbal crash that is Donald Trump for so long before you either get a terrible headache or are overcome by the noxious fumes of smug self indulgence. I don't know about you, but every few weeks I turn off MSNBC and CNN and stop reading WaPo and just try to coast by picking up bits and pieces from the wrecked ship of state, although it's admittedly more difficult turn away during these last few weeks due to the appearance of the WH reality show's hot new cast member, the Impeachment Proceeding.

One of the best remedies for those occasional bouts of Trump toxicity has been to laugh through it, and IMO, nothing works better than Seth Meyers' "A Closer Look" episodes (which is also the only reason I haven't deleted my FB account yet). Seth has been on a roll these last couple of weeks. Take, for instance, this episode from 10 days ago. Despite the decidedly :dark threads flowing through this bit, it is both funny as hell and absolutely true. I literally had tears running down my cheeks at points. Some Closer Looks are funnier than others, but this one was a winner, IMO.

I hate to be the bearer but, with Trump there is no silver lining:

Donald Trump has been accused of 'flipping the bird' at female astronaut Jessica Meir after she fact-checked him for mistakenly congratulating her and Christina Koch for being the 'first ever female spacewalkers'.

The president spoke with the pair, who were at the International Space Station on Friday, telling them: 'You are amazing people; they're conducting the first ever female spacewalk to replace an exterior part of the space station.'

They were, in fact, the first to complete an all-female spacewalk outside of the craft and Meir chimed in to make that point clear. The first female spacewalk took place in 1984 and 14 more have since followed.

In the clip, Trump appears to raise his middle finger to scratch his forehead and fix his hair just as Meir speaks up.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
You can only look on at the human cymbal crash that is Donald Trump for so long before you either get a terrible headache or are overcome by the noxious fumes of smug self indulgence. I don't know about you, but every few weeks I turn off MSNBC and CNN and stop reading WaPo and just try to coast by picking up bits and pieces from the wrecked ship of state, although it's admittedly more difficult turn away during these last few weeks due to the appearance of the WH reality show's hot new cast member, the Impeachment Proceeding.

Seth is great for exposing the sheer ignorance of Trump. The unbridled madness Trump displayed yesterday is a clear example of how he is flailing. His constant boasting and exaggerating has passed the sell date.

Me me me me is his theme song in between his sheer jealousy of anyone,everyone. That jealousy is driving him insane.

Reactions: raj and Friday13