Looks Like Nathan Phillips Was Right After All!

Jul 2016
Florida
From The Stars and Stripes:

https://www.stripes.com/nathan-phill...-past-1.565701

In reality, Phillips served from June 1972 to May 1976 in the Marine Corps Reserve, a service spokeswoman, Yvonne Carlock, said Wednesday. He did not deploy and left the service as a private after disciplinary issues. From October 1972 to February 1973, he was classified as an anti-tank missileman, a kind of infantryman, Carlock said. He then became a refrigerator technician for the majority of his service.

Daniel Paul Nelson, a leader in the Lakota People’s Law Project, said in an interview that his group made the error and Phillips himself never told it that he served in Vietnam. The group, Nelson said, “trusted what we had seen” in previous stories about Phillips, some of which also referred to him erroneously as a Vietnam veteran. “We were trying to do the advocacy work that we do,” Nelson said. Phillips, who turns 64 next month, is not old enough to have deployed to Vietnam as a Marine infantryman, prompting accusations that he was lying about his service.

“I have a relative here who said he’d lead the way and scout ahead for us,” Phillips said in the story, which describes a protest at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”

Nelson said that Phillips’ comments at Standing Rock were taken out of context, and that Phillips actually was referring to the work they were doing at the time on the reservation. In other interviews, Phillips consistently has described being a veteran of “Vietnam times.”

Reactions: Friday13

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
From The Stars and Stripes:

https://www.stripes.com/nathan-phill...-past-1.565701

In reality, Phillips served from June 1972 to May 1976 in the Marine Corps Reserve, a service spokeswoman, Yvonne Carlock, said Wednesday. He did not deploy and left the service as a private after disciplinary issues. From October 1972 to February 1973, he was classified as an anti-tank missileman, a kind of infantryman, Carlock said. He then became a refrigerator technician for the majority of his service.

Daniel Paul Nelson, a leader in the Lakota People’s Law Project, said in an interview that his group made the error and Phillips himself never told it that he served in Vietnam. The group, Nelson said, “trusted what we had seen” in previous stories about Phillips, some of which also referred to him erroneously as a Vietnam veteran. “We were trying to do the advocacy work that we do,” Nelson said. Phillips, who turns 64 next month, is not old enough to have deployed to Vietnam as a Marine infantryman, prompting accusations that he was lying about his service.

“I have a relative here who said he’d lead the way and scout ahead for us,” Phillips said in the story, which describes a protest at the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in North Dakota. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”

Nelson said that Phillips’ comments at Standing Rock were taken out of context, and that Phillips actually was referring to the work they were doing at the time on the reservation. In other interviews, Phillips consistently has described being a veteran of “Vietnam times.”

Why are you regurgitating these lies? He himself called himself a war veteran who was in theater.

Jan 2014
California
The kids surrounded Phillips. Male chaperone egging the kids on. Kids started harassing the blacks first.

Mr. B,

Please, please, please, please, look at your own link before making such foolish statements. The students were just standing there as black racists yelled epitaphs at them, then at 1:11:46 in the video, the whack job indians walked up to them and started banging drums in the innocent student's faces.

Reactions: orangecat
Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Oh. Go to 1.34

Listen to the fat ass white kid.

"Go back to Africa"
I can't believe I am going to waste time replying to this. the NA told them to go back to Europe. The kid gave him a geography lesson explaining how we all originated in Africa.

Reactions: orangecat
Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Mr. B,

Please, please, please, please, look at your own link before making such foolish statements. The students were just standing there as black racists yelled epitaphs at them, then at 1:11:46 in the video, the whack job indians walked up to them and started banging drums in the innocent student's faces.
The time stamps have been given over and over. It doesn't do any good. I sat through almost two hours of the BHIs screaming to get those fucking time stamps, and it doesn't do any good.