LV gunman's brain exam results

Sep 2012
SoCal
Las Vegas gunman's brain exam only deepens mystery of his actions

Stephen Paddock, the 64-year-old gunman who killed 58 concertgoers in Las Vegas last October in the worst mass shooting in modern American history, had not had a stroke, brain tumor or a number of other neurological disorders that might have helped explain his actions, a recent examination of the remains of his brain showed.

Mr. Paddock’s brain did have changes commonly seen in Americans of his age, including evidence of atherosclerosis — fatty plaques inside blood vessels that can impair circulation, which brain cells rely on to survive. Scattered on the surfaces of his brain were an abnormally high number of tiny deposits that tend to increase with age and accompany some neurological diseases.

The brain examination was conducted by Dr. Hannes Vogel, the director of neuropathology at Stanford University. Dr. Vogel said he was able to perform an adequate evaluation, despite damage caused by Mr. Paddock’s fatal, self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

...CONTINUED...

Jul 2015
Florida
I did read where he was on an anti-depressant med which I don't see above. I don't know if it was true but I did read it. (It sure as hell didn't work for him, did it?)