Lyin' Trump Rents Out US Soldiers to Rich Fatcats in Saudi For a Profit- Now That's "Winning!!"

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
If a US soldier has to die or be injured, sometimes for the rest of their life, shouldn't this country at least make some serious coin off it? why do libruls and other smarty pants communists act like making mercenaries out of our soldiers in service to the rich fatcats of a country that is and was the chief funding source and the chief recruitment source of al qaeda and ISIS is a bad thing?

Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.), a vocal critic of President Trump on Saturday accused the president of selling U.S. military support to Saudi Arabia.

Trump said in an interview with Fox News’s Laura Ingraham the day before that he had pressured Riyadh to compensate the U.S. for a recent deployment to the Middle East.

“We have a very good relationship with Saudi Arabia. I said, listen, you’re a very rich country. You want more troops? I’m going to send them to you, but you’ve got to pay us. They’re paying us. They’ve already deposited $1 billion in the bank,” he said.

Justin Amash
✔@justinamash

He sells troops.

“We have a very good relationship with Saudi Arabia—I said, listen, you’re a very rich country. You want more troops? I’m going to send them to you, but you’ve got to pay us. They’re paying us. They’ve already deposited $1B in the bank.”
Embedded video
11:48 AM - Jan 11, 2020

Is there anything not for sale when trump is president and if there are enough repubs in Congress, if the price is right? clean air and water is- if it costs big donors who have polluting sites any dough to protect, so Trump guts the EPA...Our national parks and wildlife within those parks? Sure, if big oil companies or loggers or whatever can make dough off it and make with enough "campaign donations." and now our soldiers?

trump crossed arms.png

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
This is real stupid. KSA has always paid for weapons and training.. They paid a million dollars a day to the no fly zone over Iraq during the Bush years.
have someone read it to you again.

He sells troops.

“We have a very good relationship with Saudi Arabia—I said, listen, you’re a very rich country. You want more troops? I’m going to send them to you, but you’ve got to pay us. They’re paying us. They’ve already deposited $1B in the bank.

trump is BRAGGING that we are making a profit off our soldiers being mercenaries for Saudi fatcats, when the Saudis are and have been the chief funders and recruitment base for both al qaeda and ISIS...screw Saudi Arabia, okay? let them hire some other foreign soldiers to protect their scummy ass and die or be injured, for a profit.

and you are okay with this bullshit?

Jul 2019
Atlanta
have someone read it to you again.

He sells troops.

“We have a very good relationship with Saudi Arabia—I said, listen, you’re a very rich country. You want more troops? I’m going to send them to you, but you’ve got to pay us. They’re paying us. They’ve already deposited $1B in the bank.

trump is BRAGGING that we are making a profit off our soldiers being mercenaries for Saudi fatcats, when the Saudis are and have been the chief funders and recruitment base for both al qaeda and ISIS...screw Saudi Arabia, okay? let them hire some other foreign soldiers to protect their scummy ass and die or be injured, for a profit.

and you are okay with this bullshit?
Trump is an ass.. He's bragging about something that is SOP. 40,000 Americans live and work in KSA.

Oct 2013
Sweden
This is real stupid. KSA has always paid for weapons and training.. They paid a million dollars a day to the no fly zone over Iraq during the Bush years.
This isnt the same thing at all. They are paying for our soldiers to perform work for them...soldier work. Thats not training, its not a sale of weapons. Its now making our US soldiers up for rent...mercenary work. Its not one bit different that treating our tax funded military as a private for hire mercenary service. This is definitely not good AND to top it off, we are doing this for a nation that is also brutal to its people. I dont believe we have the right to change their regime or interfere like that, but to rent our soldiers to carry out their military "work" is dead wrong.

The US needs to get OUT of that business. We have used it to train brutal dictators as it is. The school of americas with its fancy new name is no different. The US has churned out some evil leaders and forced them down the throats of other nations...and to what end? Who benefits? How many benefit? Who is harmed? How badly harmed?

I hope americans realize that this nonsense with Iran is really helping the Saudis be the only ruling power in the region and after we help them achieve that, they will quickly become our enemy, a more empowered one too. I also think that while they play nice with Israel now, it wont remain that way. People need to think a bit more on all this and whats really going on and who its really for and how its likely to end up.

Sep 2019
dfw, texas
Trump is an ass.. He's bragging about something that is SOP. 40,000 Americans live and work in KSA.
no, it is not. goddamn it. i mean, yeah, trump is an ass, but he is not talking about reimbursements for material or paying for our jets or missiles, HE IS TALKING ABOUT OUR TROOPS BEING RENTED OUT AS BODY GUARDS- read it again-

• Love
Reactions: the bull59

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
As @charleston2 pointed out, Saudi Arabia assuming part or all of the costs of deploying U.S. troops to its soil is nothing new.

Nor is the institution of the U.S. defraying (some) costs of its overseas garrisons to the host nation. Generating a profit would be entirely pointless (where would it go? The Treasury? To what end?), and that's not ever what the U.S. has engaged in, but it makes sense to implement cost sharing to a reasonable degree if the host nation has the resources, as Saudi obviously does. U.S. troops aren't mercenaries, everyone knows that, don't be silly.

Focusing on the economics distracts from what we should really be talking about here, which is why the U.S. continues to regard Saudi as an ally worth defending. Trump thinks it is because they are paying us ... but, I mean, Trump is fucking stupid, OK? He doesn't know what's going on or why it is happening. We should stop reacting with surprise or alarm every time he reflects the depth of his ignorance. If anyone doesn't already undertand how little he knows about ALL of these matters, and how fundamentally disintereted he is in learning about them, they won't ever understand it.

Part of the reason why we remain aligned with Saudi appears to be a desire to keep oil prices down (note, Saudi no longer ships any significant amount of its oil for U.S. consumption) by ensuring sufficient global supply. Part of is to counter Iran, but why we need to defend Saudi and counter Iran in the first place is not well established ... Without a doubt, Saudi poses a bigger national security threat and a bigger threat to the average American, as evidenced by how most major terrorist attacks against the U.S. of the last 30 years have been done by Saudis or with Saudi financing.

Yet really it amounts to defending Saudi just because we've always done that and nobody wants to change now. It's our default position. And it's dumb.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
This isnt the same thing at all. They are paying for our soldiers to perform work for them...soldier work. Thats not training, its not a sale of weapons. Its now making our US soldiers up for rent...mercenary work. Its not one bit different that treating our tax funded military as a private for hire mercenary service. This is definitely not good AND to top it off, we are doing this for a nation that is also brutal to its people. I dont believe we have the right to change their regime or interfere like that, but to rent our soldiers to carry out their military "work" is dead wrong.

The US needs to get OUT of that business. We have used it to train brutal dictators as it is. The school of americas with its fancy new name is no different. The US has churned out some evil leaders and forced them down the throats of other nations...and to what end? Who benefits? How many benefit? Who is harmed? How badly harmed?

I hope americans realize that this nonsense with Iran is really helping the Saudis be the only ruling power in the region and after we help them achieve that, they will quickly become our enemy, a more empowered one too. I also think that while they play nice with Israel now, it wont remain that way. People need to think a bit more on all this and whats really going on and who its really for and how its likely to end up.
You don't know a thing about Saudi Arabia. Rave on.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
As @charleston2 pointed out, Saudi Arabia assuming part or all of the costs of deploying U.S. troops to its soil is nothing new.

Nor is the institution of the U.S. defraying (some) costs of its overseas garrisons to the host nation. Generating a profit would be entirely pointless (where would it go? The Treasury? To what end?), and that's not ever what the U.S. has engaged in, but it makes sense to implement cost sharing to a reasonable degree if the host nation has the resources, as Saudi obviously does.

Focusing on the economics distracts from what we should really be talking about here, which is why the U.S. continues to regard Saudi as an ally worth defending. Trump thinks it is because they are paying us ... but, I mean, Trump is fucking stupid, OK? He doesn't know what's going on or why it is happening. We should stop reacting with surprise or alarm every time he reflects the depth of his ignorance. If anyone doesn't already undertand how little he knows about ALL of these matters, and how fundamentally disintereted he is in learning about them, they won't ever understand it.

Part of the reason why we remain aligned with Saudi appears to be a desire to keep oil prices down (note, Saudi no longer ships any significant amount of its oil for U.S. consumption) by ensuring sufficient global supply. Part of is to counter Iran, but why we need to defend Saudi and counter Iran in the first place is not well established ... Without a doubt, Saudi poses a bigger national security threat and a bigger threat to the average American, as evidenced by how most major terrorist attacks against the U.S. of the last 30 years have been done by Saudis or with Saudi financing.

Yet really it amounts to defending Saudi just because we've always done that and nobody wants to change now. It's our default position. And it's dumb.
The Saudis are opposed to terrorism and nuclear proliferation.. They are also opposed the HAMAS and Hezbollah as obstacles to peace.

The Saudis have been fighting terrorism for the past 30 years.

Iran wants to control access to the Persian Gulf and the Red Sea. This is a very one-sided issue.. Iran can't leave the Saudis or Gulf states alone.