MACRON called Trump re tariffs who had a MELTDOWN over criticism!!!

Jul 2015
Florida
MACRON called Trump who had a MELTDOWN when criticized abt. tariffs!!

So all that bromance, charm offensive by Macron with that touchy feely, smiling, hugging Trump, which was sickening to watch, was a waste.

Trump melted down during ‘terrible’ call with French president: ‘He can’t handle being criticized

NOOR AL-SIBAI
04 JUN 2018 AT 08:20 ET

Donald Trump and his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron reportedly had a “terrible” conversation last week in the wake of the American president’s decision to impose steel tariffs that will affect Europe.

Two sources that spoke to CNN said President Macron incorrectly believed he would be able to “candidly” criticize Trump due to the relative closeness of their working relationship.

“Just bad. It was terrible,” one of the sources told CNN. “Macron thought he would be able to speak his mind, based on the relationship. But Trump can’t handle being criticized like that.”

In a statement ahead of the Thursday call, CNN noted, the French president called Trump’s decision to impose the tariffs “illegal” and a “mistake.”

“I prefer to say things directly and not through the press,” Macron told assembled reporters at the Elysee Palace. “And I will tell him what I told you, which are my convictions that he knows already."

Trump melted down during ‘terrible’ call with French president: ‘He can’t handle being criticized’.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/06/trump-melted-terrible-call-french-president-cant-handle-criticized/

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Switzerland
"Only Truth hurts"...…… And the reaction of President Trump to criticism is typical of someone who is weak inside, whatever he wants to show outside!

Jul 2014
Border Fence
Douche and Douchier

Macron is a douche. He fains friendship with Trump to get what he wants then shits on Trump when he doesn't get it. He's no better than Trump.

If he would have started out on day one with balls, he would be in better spot. At least he would look a whole lot less douchey.

Last edited:
Jul 2015
Florida
Macron is a douche. He fains friendship with Trump to get what he wants then shits on when he doesn't get it. He's no better than Trump.

If he would have started out on day one with balls, he would be in better spot. At least he would look a whole lot less douchey.
But WE're supposedly the bigger 'men' and COUNTRY. See the difference?

Last edited:
Jan 2016
Colorado
Macron is a douche. He fains friendship with Trump to get what he wants then shits on Trump when he doesn't get it. He's no better than Trump.

I object to this. Your characterization of Macron is wrong. France has been an ally of America since 1776. France is America's oldest ally. When Trump was elected President of America, and Macron was elected as the leader of France, Macron did the ONLY thing that was POSSIBLE for him to do: he TRIED to become friends with this strange new 'leader' of America. Really, what did you expect Macron to do? To come out and tell Americans that they had made a terrible mistake in elevating Donald Trump to be 'the leader of the Free World' in the first place? Well, we did. But that was OUR mistake, not France's, and certainly not Macron's. From MY perspective, Macron is one of the better leaders in the West these days, along with Merkel in Germany and perhaps Trudeau in Canada. All of them are worlds better than Donald Trump, who has pretty much WRECKED the Western Alliance.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I object to this. Your characterization of Macron is wrong. France has been an ally of America since 1776. France is America's oldest ally. When Trump was elected President of America, and Macron was elected as the leader of France, Macron did the ONLY thing that was POSSIBLE for him to do: he TRIED to become friends with this strange new 'leader' of America. Really, what did you expect Macron to do? To come out and tell Americans that they had made a terrible mistake in elevating Donald Trump to be 'the leader of the Free World' in the first place? Well, we did. But that was OUR mistake, not France's, and certainly not Macron's. From MY perspective, Macron is one of the better leaders in the West these days, along with Merkel in Germany and perhaps Trudeau in Canada. All of them are worlds better than Donald Trump, who has pretty much WRECKED the Western Alliance.
I think the poster is referring to what the media called "the bromance" between Macron and Trump. Holding hands, walking around together etc Macron did come off like he was letting Trump control the show. Trudeau never did that, he appeared like an equal. Macron appeared star struck and some foreign media did say he was "sucking up to save the Iranian deal." Macron should have tried to appear a bit more aggressive than he did. Friendly but serious like Merkel.