Major Gun Trafficking Bust in NYC Highlights Flow of Guns From States With Looser Gun

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Amid a raging national debate on guns, a bust in New York City highlights a problem for police in crime-plagued urban areas. While officers can control illegal gun sales in their cities, they have been at a loss to stop the flow of firearms from places with looser laws.

Eight people from three states have been arrested and charged with buying guns legally in Atlanta and Pittsburgh and bringing them to New York, sometimes aboard low-cost Chinatown buses.

“I sell guns,” alleged trafficking ringleader Michael Bassier was caught saying on a wiretap, according to prosecutors. “I’ve got two Mac 10s on me, an SK assault rifle and four handguns and I’m walking through New York.”

Bassier, 31, of Canarsie, Brooklyn, boasted how he could take advantage of less strict gun laws outside of New York and then sell the weapons at a premium in the city.]
Major Gun Trafficking Bust in NYC Highlights Flow of Guns From States With Looser Gun Laws - ABC News

article pretty much speaks for itself.

Nov 2014
TN
The war on drugs worked so well. NOT!

The Prohablition worked so well. Not

Teh War on poverty worked so Well. Not

But hey.. the Democrast have a new idea.. WAR ON Guns..

Nov 2014
TN
what makes you think it's just Democrats that support common sense gun laws?
Democrats dont' support common sense gun laws.

If you use common sense you don't punish law abiding citizens

you punish people that commit crimes.

Jimmy Carter made it where the Mentally ill cannot be easily instututionalized.

Democrat oppose manditory sentencing.

Common sense actions that would prevent murders.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Democrats dont' support common sense gun laws.

If you use common sense you don't punish law abiding citizens

you punish people that commit crimes.

Jimmy Carter made it where the Mentally ill cannot be easily instututionalized.

Democrat oppose manditory sentencing.

Common sense actions that would prevent murders.
you never seem to want to answer questions when asked. No one wants to punish law abiding citizens. Everyone wants to punish people who commit crimes. What does making it harder to institutionalize the mentally ill have to do with gun control? Democrats are not the only ones that oppose mandatory sentencing law. Who doesn't want to prevent murders?

Nov 2014
TN
you never seem to want to answer questions when asked. No one wants to punish law abiding citizens. Everyone wants to punish people who commit crimes. What does making it harder to institutionalize the mentally ill have to do with gun control? Democrats are not the only ones that oppose mandatory sentencing law. Who doesn't want to prevent murders?
I did answer it in the first sentence....

And I explained why the democrats on that stage did not offer ONE SINGLE common sense law, that would prevent criminals from getting guns.

They offered a lot of laws that will prevent LAW ABIDING citizens from being able to defend themselves.

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Amid a raging national debate on guns, a bust in New York City highlights a problem for police in crime-plagued urban areas. While officers can control illegal gun sales in their cities, they have been at a loss to stop the flow of firearms from places with looser laws.

Eight people from three states have been arrested and charged with buying guns legally in Atlanta and Pittsburgh and bringing them to New York, sometimes aboard low-cost Chinatown buses.

“I sell guns,” alleged trafficking ringleader Michael Bassier was caught saying on a wiretap, according to prosecutors. “I’ve got two Mac 10s on me, an SK assault rifle and four handguns and I’m walking through New York.”

Bassier, 31, of Canarsie, Brooklyn, boasted how he could take advantage of less strict gun laws outside of New York and then sell the weapons at a premium in the city.]
Major Gun Trafficking Bust in NYC Highlights Flow of Guns From States With Looser Gun Laws - ABC News

article pretty much speaks for itself.
They can't legally buy firearms out of state.

It would be easy for NYC to put an end to this black market, all it needs to do is drop the unconstitutional gun ban, problem solved.

Nov 2013
None of your business
No they didn't, that's a fallacy, they brought up the subject so it becomes acceptable to discuss;

There are those on the right, who are so strident in their opposition to ANY DISCUSSION, they drown out the voices of those gun owners who ARE INDEED for more sensible legislation.

Next week the case of Highland Illinois go in front of the Supreme Court; if they refuse to hear it, that's a bellwether for the NRA; the law has been set, and towns, cities, and states have the right to craft their own legislation.

The "Phoenix rising from the ashes" law is now under scrutiny; gun dealers who are nefarious in their actions will be restricted from selling their businesses to a relative, cancelling out their own licenses, and have those relatives apply for licensing; it's not going to work anymore.

Those that illegally sell guns and illegally use guns are under the radar; not the hunter, the homeowner, the decent law abiding citizen.

This is about keeping guns out of the hands of those that should not have guns, and this is a about keeping dealers who are breaking the law from dealing weapons.

Regards
Pace

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
Looks like the State of New York is going to have to do a better job policing their border, and, busting up organized crime.

Trying to push THEIR gun-control policies on OTHER states, is a non-starter, of course.

Rorschach

Former Staff
Aug 2012
america
They can't legally buy firearms out of state.

It would be easy for NYC to put an end to this black market, all it needs to do is drop the unconstitutional gun ban, problem solved.
(Channeling my inner Liberal):

"Huh? Wait....ummm, you mean, like, when people, can't, uhhhh, like buy something legally, a Black Market is created? Where did you hear that, dude?"