Majority of Dems in house now support impeachment.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I am convinced they will find a way (the Dems) to hand the 2020 election to Trump, yes.
It certainly seems like Trump can do whatever he wants. No one can ever disagree, because if they do they are automatically part of a coup d'état... making any investigation of any action that he takes impossible.

Still, from what little we public are given... if ever there was a case for impeachment, wouldn't this be it? The GOP believed Obama was impeachable:

Efforts to impeach Barack Obama - Wikipedia

… For all sorts of shit that was trivial compared to what Trump has been doing since before even becoming president. From that I'll exclude the charge of a Benghazi coverup, which if It were true, would be as serious as much of Trump's stuff.

So it's clearly been reduced to a political point generator. But I am starting to think that if all this isn't worth at least looking at impeachment, then nothing ever will be and the law itself is completely pointless.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Tough political decision for Pelosi. Rolling the dice.

Won't be boring either way....

Yeah, she is going to look at the big picture. But think with a majority of congressmen supporting it, but a majority of citizens not supporting it, it's complicated.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Sure hope the DO it. Not only will Trump win in 2020 ,but the Good Guys "Repubs" will win back the House.
Maybe... unless Trump is impeached. Then it's going to be pretty ugly for the reds for a while.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
First, they have to finish the investigation, which means acquiring all those documents and questioning all those witnesses Trump has failed to produce. That should take about 16 months, then they can vote on impeachment around November the 10th, 2020.
Sounds like you have a new modeled magic 8 ball that provides more detailed answers! I'm gonna ask you about the horse races next. :D

Jun 2014
United States
It certainly seems like Trump can do whatever he wants. No one can ever disagree, because if they do they are automatically part of a coup d'état... making any investigation of any action that he takes impossible.

Still, from what little we public are given... if ever there was a case for impeachment, wouldn't this be it? The GOP believed Obama was impeachable:

Efforts to impeach Barack Obama - Wikipedia

… For all sorts of shit that was trivial compared to what Trump has been doing since before even becoming president. From that I'll exclude the charge of a Benghazi coverup, which if It were true, would be as serious as much of Trump's stuff.

So it's clearly been reduced to a political point generator. But I am starting to think that if all this isn't worth at least looking at impeachment, then nothing ever will be and the law itself is completely pointless.

Impeachment is only pointless because of party above country Senate Republicans. What would be accomplished by impeachment if the Senate refuses to convict?