Make America Great Again - Cut Personal Spending by 33%

May 2019
Los Alamos
Thurs 6-13-19 9:02 a.m.

20) Cut Personal Spending by 33% - Approximately 40% of the Federal income is provided by banks. Many consumers are up to their giggy with credit card debt. Big ticket items like cars and houses comprise a large potion of what consumers pay for with their income. Recessions occur every 9 to 13 years. We are due for a recession. So why not get ready for it in advance?

If you knew a depression was coming instead of a recession, you might well be making some big changes in your life style. I suggest you immediately develop a depression-like mentality. Read about what Americans went through in the 1930's - how the financial system broke down and stayed broken for a long period of time.

The depression of the 1930's never really ended. Huge deficit spending paved the way into WWII. If you look at our national debt, we never paid for WWII, the Marshall Plan to bail out Europe, etc.

If you look at England after WWII, their currency went through an "huge" overnight devaluation. So goes England, So goes the United States.

If you do not understand the concept of thrift, read some of my other posts. Perhaps you will begin to understand why I am trying to make something out of nothing and how I have been successful accomplishing this goal. By the way, I have cut my personnel expenditures back by about 95%. The funny thing is that a modest amount of food necessary to sustain life becomes one of the most important issues.

I suggest that you start taking 33% of your personal income and begin putting it in the bank. You are going to need it.

Regards,

Moderatevoter451

Jun 2007
Ohio

20) Cut Personal Spending by 33% - Approximately 40% of the Federal income is provided by banks. Many consumers are up to their giggy with credit card debt. Big ticket items like cars and houses comprise a large potion of what consumers pay for with their income. Recessions occur every 9 to 13 years. We are due for a recession. So why not get ready for it in advance?

If you knew a depression was coming instead of a recession, you might well be making some big changes in your life style. I suggest you immediately develop a depression-like mentality. Read about what Americans went through in the 1930's - how the financial system broke down and stayed broken for a long period of time.

The depression of the 1930's never really ended. Huge deficit spending paved the way into WWII. If you look at our national debt, we never paid for WWII, the Marshall Plan to bail out Europe, etc.

If you look at England after WWII, their currency went through an "huge" overnight devaluation. So goes England, So goes the United States.

If you do not understand the concept of thrift, read some of my other posts. Perhaps you will begin to understand why I am trying to make something out of nothing and how I have been successful accomplishing this goal. By the way, I have cut my personnel expenditures back by about 95%. The funny thing is that a modest amount of food necessary to sustain life becomes one of the most important issues.

I suggest that you start taking 33% of your personal income and begin putting it in the bank. You are going to need it.

Regards,

Moderatevoter451
What do you consider "personal" spending. The vast majority of my money goes to utilities and insurance which means it's not optional. I have a car that will be paid off in October, but aside from that, I don't carry debt for "wants" but for "needs".

I do know plenty of people who are constantly pushing their budgets farther than they should go but they just take the position of "I can always declare bankruptcy." Mostly conservatives who do this in my circle.

Americans are brainwashed to think that if you're not in debt you're doing something wrong. In fact, if you don't have a credit report you're literally not able to prove who you are aside from your birth certificate. I had to get "E verified" to sell stuff on Ebay under "buy it now" status because I didn't have a credit card.

E-Verify uses your credit report to identify you and if you don't have one, they treat you like you have ebola.

What's so awful about people not wanting to be in debt I wonder?

Nov 2013
NY

Regards,

Moderatevoter451
Making "washers out of soda cans, and living as frugally as possible... you might call that being successful.
I don't. I call that being poor, and trying to make the best out of it.. but I do not see you as a 'successful' person - in a monetary , economic way - based on all of your posts being around how to make most out of the little you have.