Make God Happy

Sep 2013
Canada
Why is the biblical myth of Abraham and Isaac so disturbing?
Because it suggests that if a person truly loves God, he should be willing to sacrifice his own child in order to show his loyalty. Faith isn’t enough; God wants a corpse.
Carly Ann Harris, a mother from Wales, is currently on trial for the murder of her 4-year-old daughter Amelia (below). The details are disturbing, but neither side doubts the facts of the case. Read more below.

A Woman Drowned Her Daughter, Then Set Her on Fire, In Order to Make God Happy

Tell me again about how kind and well adjusted Christians are...because that doesn’t seem to be the case. This woman needs to at the very least never see the outside of a prison cell again.
I blame insanity more than religion here so please allow a small deflection.

What I find disturbing is parents and siblings putting religion ahead of family ties when they denigrate and discriminate against their own children for non-belief or being gay or feminist.

Those many instances of immoral misogynous and homophobic actions, to me, are more important and say more about the harm of religions than the insanity of the few of their believers.

Thanks for the O.P. and an opportunity for me to sound off. Apologies for going off topic.

Regards
DL

Sep 2013
Canada
People do many terrible things in the name of religion, but most Christians don't kill their child or anyone else's child to please God.
This is true, but many Christians do abuse their children at lower than death levels by imposing their homophobic and misogynous ideologies onto their children.

An immoral indoctrination is child abuse.

Brain Washing ( Jesus Camp ''Highlights'' )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Regards
DL

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
I blame insanity more than religion here so please allow a small deflection.

What I find disturbing is parents and siblings putting religion ahead of family ties when they denigrate and discriminate against their own children for non-belief or being gay or feminist.

Those many instances of immoral misogynous and homophobic actions, to me, are more important and say more about the harm of religions than the insanity of the few of their believers.

Thanks for the O.P. and an opportunity for me to sound off. Apologies for going off topic.

Regards
DL
No problem, and you’re totally correct. Religion ruins people.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
This is true, but many Christians do abuse their children at lower than death levels by imposing their homophobic and misogynous ideologies onto their children.

An immoral indoctrination is child abuse.

Brain Washing ( Jesus Camp ''Highlights'' )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

Regards
DL
I don't think it's common. I went to a fundamentalist Christian Church for 14 years, and never heard or were taught anything about homophobic or misogynous ideolgy. Christians are taught to love the sinner, but hate the sin. That includes adultery, and other destructive practices.

And, until the left get their dirty little hands on religious freedom and make it a crime to teach the scriptures as the word of God, then that will be the day religious freedom ends.

Sep 2013
Canada
I don't think it's common. I went to a fundamentalist Christian Church for 14 years, and never heard or were taught anything about homophobic or misogynous ideolgy. Christians are taught to love the sinner, but hate the sin. That includes adultery, and other destructive practices.

And, until the left get their dirty little hands on religious freedom and make it a crime to teach the scriptures as the word of God, then that will be the day religious freedom ends.
Love the sinner and hate the sin.
That is not what God does as he punishes the hated sinner and not the sin.
In fact, he could cure the sinner but instead decides that the purposeless torture and eventual death of hell is better for him than curing him.

Apologies for the tone but I have been working on my next O.P. and my hate for Yahweh is close to the surface. Have a look.

Can God cure as well as kill? Should God kill or cure?

Scriptures show quite often where God either kills directly or orders killings. I should not have to quote particular instances but will put a link below showing some examples.

I appreciate that believers will see God killing as just killing evil people who deserve it. I do not care about that and will concede that point here and now.

My question is based on what Jesus said, which was that he had come to heal the morally sick and not cater to the morally well. Jusus was into curing and not killing.

In comparing good and evil in this issue, I conclude that a good God would cure instead of kill, and that only an evil satanic God would kill instead of cure.

What do you conclude?

https://vimeo.com/7038401

Regards
DL

Apr 2014
Maryland
Just as I expected. You’re okay with the death of a 4 year old at the hands of her demented mother...because, you know...Muslims. Why do you hate little innocent girls and use their death to justify your hatred?
I think you missed his point. You cannot condemn a religion because of some insane people.

Apr 2014
Maryland

My goodness you are the Epitome of an extremist! Be afraid, be afraid.