Make God Happy

Oct 2014
Galaxy ZRF
I think you missed his point. You cannot condemn a religion because of some insane people.
I’m not really doing that so much as saying that a large portion of the followers are, frankly, nuts.
Of course not all Christians are going to kill their child.
But, even one is cause for concern when it’s done based on a superstitious book.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
I’m not really doing that so much as saying that a large portion of the followers are, frankly, nuts.
But, even one is cause for concern when it’s done based on a superstitious book.
How about all of the other books that have led to crimes?

And, then there are violent videos and movies. Shouldn't we be concerned?

Sep 2013
Canada
Especially when we are exporting murderous ideas because we live in a more civilized country that will not kill for religious beliefs.

Barely more civilized that is.

African witches and Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr6gvtYrga8

Death to Gays.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyuKLyGUHNE

Nothing quite like loving your fellow man.

Regards
DL

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
I blame insanity more than religion here so please allow a small deflection.

What I find disturbing is parents and siblings putting religion ahead of family ties when they denigrate and discriminate against their own children for non-belief or being gay or feminist.

Those many instances of immoral misogynous and homophobic actions, to me, are more important and say more about the harm of religions than the insanity of the few of their believers.

Thanks for the O.P. and an opportunity for me to sound off. Apologies for going off topic.

Regards
DL
There have been plenty of cases where perfectly sane Christians beat their kids to death and used biblical ideas about corporal punishment as a courtroom defense. Also no shortage of faith healing in lieu of medical treatment that resulted in the death of a child.

I saw a trial on CourtTV once where an infant died because the mother restricted her diet to nothing but almond milk, and fed the baby breast milk.

When the infant son of an obscure cult died after being denied solid food for almost two months, the father said he believed he was following God's will. But prosecutors called it murder.

Prosecutors say that Jacques Robidoux intentionally starved his son to fulfill a religious vision that his sister said she had regarding the baby's diet.

The defendant's sister, Michelle Mingo instructed Robidoux's wife Karen to drink only almond milk in order to eliminate vanity - and told her that she should only feed the child breast milk.

For 52 days, Jacques and Karen adhered to the regimen - only to find baby Samuel dead on April 26, 1999, just three days before he reached his first birthday.
Mass. v. Robidoux: Cult dad starves baby

Parents Beat Child to Death in "Christian Discipline."

Faith-Healing Parents Charged in Girl's Death: Officials

I'd bet that since 9/11 more people, usually children, have been killed in the US by those espousing Christian doctrine than Muslim terrorists.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Colorado
Just as I expected. You’re okay with the death of a 4 year old at the hands of her demented mother...because, you know...Muslims. Why do you hate little innocent girls and use their death to justify your hatred?
lol You sat there and suspected that about someone? Damn...