Making America Great Again - What We Were and What We Can Become Again

May 2019
Los Alamos
Tues 6-11-19 10:35 a.m.

Go back in history to the time of Thomas Paine, "These are the times which that try men's souls." Things are no better. America still demands that we step up to the plate and take a swing at the ball - for better or for worse.

The American steel industry was built by a bunch of Pennsylvania farm boys.

I would remind the readers of this forum about the quotation from Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto from the 1970 film Tora! Tora! Tora! regarding the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor by the forces of Imperial Japan, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and will him with a terrible resolve." Source: Wikipedia.

I would also remind the readers of this forum about the quotation from Winston Churchill, "America is a mighty boiler, and once alight there is no limit on what it can produce."

I have read about a Bolivian-born American named Jamie Escalante who encouraged kids in a less-than-affluent community in the Los Angeles area to take the Advanced Placement Calculus Test for college credit. Escalante was dogged and inventive. He talked about "ganas" or desire which he learned about from his mother - a teacher.

Horace Mann (educator) said, "The person who has not done something great for mankind should be ashamed to die." (Note: That goes for janitors all the way to craftsmen to professionals to CEOs and well-paid sports / movie stars.)

I would like to help fire up the mighty boiler.

However, we must be like Indiana Jones in the Last Crusade and take that step on to the invisible bridge. That requires skill, determination, and faith. I think that can be found in all of our political parties - democratic, republican, independent, etc.

Regards,

Moderatevoter451

Jan 2014
California
Tues 6-11-19 10:35 a.m.

Go back in history to the time of Thomas Paine, "These are the times which that try men's souls." Things are no better. America still demands that we step up to the plate and take a swing at the ball - for better or for worse.

The American steel industry was built by a bunch of Pennsylvania farm boys.

I would remind the readers of this forum about the quotation from Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto from the 1970 film Tora! Tora! Tora! regarding the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor by the forces of Imperial Japan, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and will him with a terrible resolve." Source: Wikipedia.

I would also remind the readers of this forum about the quotation from Winston Churchill, "America is a mighty boiler, and once alight there is no limit on what it can produce."

I have read about a Bolivian-born American named Jamie Escalante who encouraged kids in a less-than-affluent community in the Los Angeles area to take the Advanced Placement Calculus Test for college credit. Escalante was dogged and inventive. He talked about "ganas" or desire which he learned about from his mother - a teacher.

Horace Mann (educator) said, "The person who has not done something great for mankind should be ashamed to die." (Note: That goes for janitors all the way to craftsmen to professionals to CEOs and well-paid sports / movie stars.)

I would like to help fire up the mighty boiler.

However, we must be like Indiana Jones in the Last Crusade and take that step on to the invisible bridge. That requires skill, determination, and faith. I think that can be found in all of our political parties - democratic, republican, independent, etc.

Regards,

Moderatevoter451
Mr. Moderatevoter,

I'm reminded of: "Where ever you are, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai.