Malala's homecoming

Helena

Former Staff
Sep 2007
Maybe my user title will provide a clue.
Revealing, because, as a Dawn newspaper editorial on Friday underscored, Malala's story continues to illustrate "much of what bedevils this country, and the conflicted narrative that feeds its sense of perpetual victimhood".
While many, including Malala herself, described her homecoming as a sign of better security in Pakistan, the limits placed on her movement and a tight lid kept on her itinerary show dangers remain.
Malala's brief but revealing homecoming to Pakistan - BBC News

This is what I mean when I talk about insanity:

Never was a fan of #MalalaYousafzai, & it is not changing in near or far future. Never found her to be a hero figure never can. Hero are those kids who chose to go back to APS after attack. Hero are those girls who continue their education in Swat where she was shot.
So she's not heroic because she only allowed herself to be shot in the head ONCE. :shake_head:

Reactions: 10 people
Jan 2018
Winnipeg, Canada
She got out of dodge so to speak ...and now has it made.

Just the way it played out ...that's all.

Oct 2013
USA
Good to know that soldiers shot in the head are not heroes. I don't think you know the story and probably think she was just an unlucky student who was randomly shot.

Reactions: 2 people

Helena

Former Staff
Sep 2007
Maybe my user title will provide a clue.
Good to know that soldiers shot in the head are not heroes. I don't think you know the story and probably think she was just an unlucky student who was randomly shot.
? That probably wasn't directed at me, was it?

Reactions: 1 person
Jan 2018
Winnipeg, Canada
True ...but helps to do things and get ahead in life when you are a celebrity.