Man gives birth

Apr 2014
The liberal commie infested, queer loving north ea
No a woman taking hormones and drugs gave birth.
A PERSON who identifies as a man, and who was in the process of transitioning gave birth. But seriously, does it matter? Would it freakin' kill you to respect and recognize his gender identity. You (normal) life will go on, promise.

Jan 2014
California
Actually I did counter your "logic". No one believes that when a woman transitions to male she changes her chromosomes. No one. Everyone knows that genetically, people don't change. Everyone.

The point is that when we say "former woman" no one needs to jump in and explain that the person is genetically still a woman because no one is really talking about genetics. They are talking about identity. Well, no one except people like you who feel compelled to clarify what everyone already knows. So thanks for that.
Mr. Stan,

No, being the dishonest debater you are presented nothing other than ad hominem.

The point is, this person is not a former woman. The only way someone can be a former woman is for her to be six feet under.

Apr 2014
Actually I did counter your "logic". No one believes that when a woman transitions to male she changes her chromosomes. No one. Everyone knows that genetically, people don't change. Everyone.

The point is that when we say "former woman" no one needs to jump in and explain that the person is genetically still a woman because no one is really talking about genetics. They are talking about identity. Well, no one except people like you who feel compelled to clarify what everyone already knows. So thanks for that.
Right, genetically people do not change. But in the case of transgender people -there is evidence that they already poses - undetected at birth- at least some of the genetic/ biological characteristics of the gender that they identify with.

Apr 2014
So why all the flap about this. If I didn't know better, I would think that some people are threatened by it and think that it's some sort of abomination.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
So why all the flap about this. If I didn't know better, I would think that some people are threatened by it and think that it's some sort of abomination.
Plenty of people, especially those less educated and/or well traveled and worldly, the ignorant, in other words, fear things (and other people) which are different, which they cannot understand and explain ;)

That's pretty much how most bigotry is fueled. Xenophobia and racism. Homophobia. Etc.

Among most bigoted people, this is the explanation. Not ALL, mind. There are other, worse forms. But, majority of it does stem from ignorance :)

Jan 2014
California
Mr. patriot,

Because some of us believe in science and reality. You can call a chick walking down the street with a beard a dude, it is no big whoop it if makes you feel better. Saying a man gave birth is not only factually incorrect, but scientifically impossible.

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Mr. patriot,

Because some of us believe in science and reality. You can call a chick walking down the street with a beard a dude, it is no big whoop it if makes you feel better. Saying a man gave birth is not only factually incorrect, but scientifically impossible.
Yet :D

StanStill

Former Staff
Dec 2013
Work
Mr. Stan,

No, being the dishonest debater you are presented nothing other than ad hominem.

The point is, this person is not a former woman. The only way someone can be a former woman is for her to be six feet under.
Ad hominem? Because I referred to what you just did? I mean, I guess that's to the person, but is your behavior in this thread off limits now? Or are you confusing ad hominem with some other Latin debate phrase you don't know the definition of very well.

If a woman said she was a "former brunette" would you jump in to clarify that "No, genetically you are still a brunette"? Probably you would. And that's a good analogy to what you're doing here. Clarifying that someone's turn of phrase is not literally correct, even though no one means to suggest that it is.

Sorry to ruin your premise.

Apr 2014
Mr. patriot,

Some of us do indeed believe in science and reality, instead of taking a complex issue and dumbing it down to sound bites and talking points based on concrete absolutes . Now here is some science for you:

Theories of the Causes of Transsexualism

The Transgender Brain | Transas City