Man Trump Called ‘My African-American’ Quits GOP,

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
A black supporter of President Donald Trump, who was once praised by the president as “my African-American,” has left the Republican Party which he criticized as “pro-white.”

Gregory Cheadle told PBS NewsHour’s Yamiche Alcindor he has become fed up with the Republican Party, feeling like black people were being used as “political pawns” and accusing the GOP of running a “pro-white” agenda. “President Trump is a rich guy who is mired in white privilege to the extreme,” said Cheadle. “Republicans are too sheepish to call him out on anything and they are afraid of losing their positions and losing any power themselves.”

According to the Reading, California man, Trump insulting Rep. Elijah Cummings‘ district and his attacks on Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib were the straws the broke the camel’s back so to speak.

Cheadle, a real-estate broker, became known in 2016 when then-candidate Trump pointed to him at a rally and said, “Look at my African American over here. Look at him. Are you the greatest?” Cheadle says that at the time he took the president’s comments as a joke but now says “I’m more critical of it today than I was back then because today I wonder to what extent he said that for political gain or for attention.”

Gregory Cheadle, Who Trump Called 'My African-American,' Quits GOP

Well, he got the administration only uses black people for "pawns" is right.

Mar 2019
In Sunday School with Hognoxious
He sounds partial to Cortez, Tlaib and Omar. So he's not gonna fit with anything that's not left leaning. So he's better off as a Democrat.

Dec 2018
the Heart of America
He sounds partial to Cortez, Tlaib and Omar. So he's not gonna fit with anything that's not left leaning. So he's better off as a Democrat.
If that is true, why do you think he wants to run as an Independent instead of a Democrat? You are free to avoid a direct answer. This is America where the opinions of all are allowed even though there is no right to force others to listen. :)