Manafort’s Light Sentence in Washington Owes to How Mueller Charged Him

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Seems racking up the time for this guy is starting to look vindictive. What exactly was his crimes?

He worked for Trump for ~4 months. It is purely political. Honest people all see that. And as the author in the OP has said elsewhere, the Manhattan D.A.'s indictments are pure politics. The left politicizing everything.

BTW Cy Vance, Jrs. office has been under FBI investigation. Were these indictments a quid pro quo? Smells like it.

FBI is 'probing Manhattan district attorney's office over handling of cases' | Daily Mail Online

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
And I say it is.

For example, the title mentions 'Manafort's light sentence', but that's not going to be so light considering the state charges he is sure to face even after he has been pardoned.

Not the topic.

But my recommendation has long been to commute the Manafort sentences to time served, and I see that Andy McCarthy has joined me in that recommendation.

There is also the possibility that the Manhattan indictments are double jeopardy. There is currently a case in front of the Supreme Court that might benefit Manafort should it be ruled a certain way. Gamble v. United States seeks to overturn the Abbate, and the Bartkus decisions. If SCOTUS does overrule itself then Manafort may not have to worry about the New York charges.

Dec 2015
SoCal
Not the topic.

But my recommendation has long been to commute the Manafort sentences to time served, and I see that Andy McCarthy has joined me in that recommendation.

There is also the possibility that the Manhattan indictments are double jeopardy. There is currently a case in front of the Supreme Court that might benefit Manafort should it be ruled a certain way. Gamble v. United States seeks to overturn the Abbate, and the Bartkus decisions. If SCOTUS does overrule itself then Manafort may not have to worry about the New York charges.
It is the topic, and hope remains eternal.

Dec 2015
SoCal
He worked for Trump for ~4 months. It is purely political. Honest people all see that. And as the author in the OP has said elsewhere, the Manhattan D.A.'s indictments are pure politics. The left politicizing everything.

BTW Cy Vance, Jrs. office has been under FBI investigation. Were these indictments a quid pro quo? Smells like it.

FBI is 'probing Manhattan district attorney's office over handling of cases' | Daily Mail Online
Manafort was convicted of eight felonies including tax fraud, money laundering and obstruction of justice. Take tax fraud: not only did Manafort defraud our federal government, he also defrauded a State government.

Those are serious charges, and Manafort deserves every year he got and will get. Every, single, one.

You are the one playing politics.

Dec 2014
The Milky Way
Manafort was convicted of eight felonies including tax fraud, money laundering and obstruction of justice. Take tax fraud: not only did Manafort defraud our federal government, he also defrauded a State government.

Those are serious charges, and Manafort deserves every year he got and will get. Every, single, one.

You are the one playing politics.

LOL Obviously you did not read the OP.