Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Stand up for what?
The illusion of collusion?
The obstruction that wasn't?
The whistlerblower that wasn't?

I figure some of them stand up while...taking a piss...
But that's not what you mean..,.is it?
Given your fanboy affinity for autocratic nationalism, you're probably tickled pink about Trump's impeachable action with Turkey and Syria.

Ukraine is an impeachable situation, but Turkey is even more:
1) It's strategically stupid
2) It's already killed innocent people
3) Why are we being nice to dictators at the expense of freedom fighters?
4) Does Trump have business interests in Turkey? (Rhetorical question)
5) It was unilateral and autocratic
6) The motivation seemed to be either spite or deflection from impeachment already in progress

Jul 2019
Toronto
Well, the Republicans made a huge stink about Obama's "folly in Iraq" as you call it, but Trump is doing this with plenty of knowledge (if he chose to listen) about what would happen if we allowed Turkey to go ahead with this incursion and on this issue, I don't think there's any tolerance left not to mention the info that's coming out about Ukraine, Biden aside, it doesn't mean Trump gets to do what he has been doing. And now he's blaming Rick Perry? I predict Perry will tell everything he knows and quickly.

What Trump has done is worn his political allies out with demands, abuse, humiliation and inconsistency. I think they are just done with the guy.

I really think in the end, the one thing he did well, which was be a prick to anyone who he felt like being a prick to, is what's going to take him down.

I was once married to an violent, abusive alcoholic. I put up with it for longer than I should have, but when I was done I was done. I think this is where the Republicans are at. He treats his friends like shit, not just his enemies and I think everyone sees, finally, that the emperor has no clothes. He demands loyalty but doesn't respect it. The best his defenders get is tacit approval on occasion and he's even turning on Fox News!

My worry at this point is what he's going to do when he realizes no one is going to fall on their sword for him. I hope people in the administration don't let him do anything drastic.
I doubt Perry has anything of interest to say about Trump's call to the Ukrainian president.

Jul 2019
Toronto
Given your fanboy affinity for autocratic nationalism, you're probably tickled pink about Trump's impeachable action with Turkey and Syria.

Ukraine is an impeachable situation, but Turkey is even more:
1) It's strategically stupid
2) It's already killed innocent people
3) Why are we being nice to dictators at the expense of freedom fighters?
4) Does Trump have business interests in Turkey? (Rhetorical question)
5) It was unilateral and autocratic
6) The motivation seemed to be either spite or deflection from impeachment already in progress
Actually I'm not a fan of autocrats...as evidenced by my disdain for ANTIFA...and Libbies in General.
This Syria thing is not good...as I've said already.
Please keep up.

Davocrat

Former Staff
Apr 2007
Deep State
Actually I'm not a fan of autocrats...as evidenced by my disdain for ANTIFA...and Libbies in General.
This Syria thing is not good...as I've said already.
Please keep up.
Yeah all those "democracy minded" nationalists. I guess I got mixed up about who you admire.

Reactions: EnigmaO01
Sep 2016
My own world
Prominent conservative lawyers do not have to worry about voter backlash...

I wonder if one of them would work for the Democrats during the impeachment at the Senate level? I would laugh my guts out if one of these guys started cross examining a witness. What could the Republican Senators say, the Republican lawyer
hates Republicans? This business of never Trumpers doesn't fly, it would only serve to just confirm they were right to be never
Trumpers.

Reactions: EnigmaO01