March Madness Is Here!!

Jan 2016
Colorado
For the major conferences, there is only one more week of regular season games, and then the conference tournaments begin!

Some of the minor conference tournaments will start up in just a few days. The Atlantic Sun tournament starts on Monday, and the Big South and Horizon leagues will start play on Tuesday.

A HUGE game in the SEC today, with #4 Kentucky (24-4) at #7 Tennessee (25-3) in a rematch of a game from just about a week ago that Kentucky won easily on their home court. Can Tennessee get revenge? They were looking like a ONE seed before that loss.....

That's the only game between ranked teams today, but #12 Nevada (26-2) will face one of its sterner tests on the road at Utah State (23-6), and there is an interesting battle at the top of the America East conference with Stony Brook (23-6) at Vermont (22-6).

Jan 2016
Colorado
Michigan State, which had been all alone on top of the Big Ten, just fell at Indiana by a point. Indiana, a mediocre 14-14 team, has beaten Michigan State TWICE this year. Weird.

[Note: Indiana is now 15-14.]

Jul 2014
midwest
March Madness is all about Zion.

If he comes back at full strength, Duke is odds on favorite.

If he doesn't...it's wide open, but Duke will be a long shot.

Stay tuned next weekend: Duke at N Carolina.

Jan 2016
Colorado
March Madness is all about Zion.

If he comes back at full strength, Duke is odds on favorite.

If he doesn't...it's wide open, but Duke will be a long shot.

Stay tuned next weekend: Duke at N Carolina.
Didn't Gonzaga beat Duke when Duke was at full strength?

Jan 2016
Colorado
Maybe, but March is not the same as early season.

Especially for big time "One-and-Done" schools.
I think Gonzaga gets to the Final Four this year. At LEAST. That's a VERY powerful team. They have won 19 games in a row, by an average of MORE than 30 points. Wow.

I would not be a BIT surprised to see a Gonzaga/Duke rematch in the national championship game.

Looks like Tennessee is getting their revenge on Kentucky in today's big game......

Jul 2014
midwest
I think Gonzaga gets to the Final Four this year. At LEAST. That's a VERY powerful team. They have won 19 games in a row, by an average of MORE than 30 points. Wow.

I would not be a BIT surprised to see a Gonzaga/Duke rematch in the national championship game.

Looks like Tennessee is getting their revenge on Kentucky in today's big game......
Gonzaga was in the national championship game?

You thinking about Butler?

I remember Butler coming very close, but not the Zags.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Gonzaga was in the national championship game?

You thinking about Butler?

I remember Butler coming very close, but not the Zags.
Um, as a matter of fact, the 2017 National Championship game was: North Carolina 71, GONZAGA 65.

But I was suggesting a rematch of THIS year's earlier regular season game between Duke and Gonzaga, which was won BY Gonzaga. THAT was what I was suggesting. Comprende?