Marijuana lounges approved by Las Vegas City Council

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) - Cannabis consumption lounges could come to the city of Las Vegas as soon as the end of the year, according to a city spokesperson.

On Wednesday, Las Vegas became the first city in the state of Nevada to allow marijuana social-use lounges.

In a 4-1 vote, the Las Vegas City Council passed the ordnance allowing retail marijuana stores and dispensaries to apply for special use permits to open marijuana lounges. Mayor Carolyn Goodman abstained from the vote due to a conflict of interest. Goodman previously said a family member works in the industry.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It's amazing how in some states freedom marches on, while in others, this would get you a life sentence.

May 2012
By the wall
Well I've really no desire to be walking past pot rooms when I'm in Vegas but whatever, its their state, they can do what they want.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Public consumption of marijuana is just as much of an issue as public consumption of tobacco. Contact highs are a thing.

If they're going to allow this, it should only be behind the doors of a business with adequate ventilation.

Your freedoms — and I support cannabis legalization for manufacture and personal consumption in most respects — stop when they involuntarily affect someone else.

Dec 2018
Florida
Public consumption of marijuana is just as much of an issue as public consumption of tobacco. Contact highs are a thing.

If they're going to allow this, it should only be behind the doors of a business with adequate ventilation.

Your freedoms — and I support cannabis legalization for manufacture and personal consumption in most respects — stop when they involuntarily affect someone else.
Bingo. I love that we are now finding out the problems of long term marijuana use.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Bingo. I love that we are now finding out the problems of long term marijuana use.
I mean, let's be clear, cannabis — aside from DWI incidents and the like — is not and has not been a direct factor in anyone's death.

But kids shouldn't be consuming any intoxicant while their brains develop, and people have a right to not get high when they don't want to.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire

It seems like we could end up in an odd way where so many public places, even outdoor parks are banning tobacco but we are also seeing a rise in pot rooms and pot pubs. Vaping also is making it interesting as people are vaping pot.

May 2012
By the wall

Actually second hand smoke risk has been completely debunked. There is zero risk from it.