Marijuana lounges approved by Las Vegas City Council

Dec 2018
Florida
I mean, let's be clear, cannabis — aside from DWI incidents and the like — is not and has not been a direct factor in anyone's death.

But kids shouldn't be consuming any intoxicant while their brains develop, and people have a right to not get high when they don't want to.
It isn’t just kids.

Daily Marijuana Use And Highly Potent Weed Linked To Psychosis

Go figure? A mind altering substance can actually alter your mind? Shocking. Don’t get me wrong. I still think we should legalize and tax the shit out of it. Just like alcohol.

Singularity

Former Staff
Oct 2009
Kansas
Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Really? What are those problems?
I think these are the folks who used to get paranoid when they smoked and decided to give it another try once MJ was legalized. My friend is like that....she is all gung ho about wanting to get a buzz then she feels that everyone is staring at her when we go shopping or lunch afterwards.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I think these are the folks who used to get paranoid when they smoked and decided to give it another try once MJ was legalized. My friend is like that....she is all gung ho about wanting to get a buzz then she feels that everyone is staring at her when we go shopping or lunch afterwards.
I am curious, does normal everyday prescription drugs affect pot? I know somebody who used pot as a teen/young adult and now thats its legal in their state tried using it again. Made her almost crazy. Paranoid, hyperventilating, palpitations etc. Couldnt figure it out.

Nov 2006
The moon is made out of cheese and we didn't land there, too.
Since the air in any major city in this country is one hell of a lot more contaminated than a little second hand smoke maybe we should ban going to the city?

Certainly second hand smoke is deleterious to a child growing up in a home with it, nobody is going to suffer from the second hand smoke that may drift out of a pot lounge as they walk by.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
It seems like we could end up in an odd way where so many public places, even outdoor parks are banning tobacco but we are also seeing a rise in pot rooms and pot pubs. Vaping also is making it interesting as people are vaping pot.
I think MJ oils to vape is what the pot pubs will use. MJ stinks like crazy and I can imagine how gross the pot rooms would smell like...kind of like the old smoking rooms the airports use to have. I would gag just walking by them. A contact buzz is a myth tho. I took some training on drug screening and chain of custody and it is a common excuse for workplace drug screen failures. You would have to stick your head in a barrel of burning weed for that to happen. I have been to enough concerts with a huge billow of pot smoke in the venue and nothing happened to anyone. Jimmy Buffet and Tom Petty come to mind. LOL

Nov 2006
They are.:smirk: