Marijuana lounges approved by Las Vegas City Council

CtC

Mar 2019
California

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) - Cannabis consumption lounges could come to the city of Las Vegas as soon as the end of the year, according to a city spokesperson.

On Wednesday, Las Vegas became the first city in the state of Nevada to allow marijuana social-use lounges.

In a 4-1 vote, the Las Vegas City Council passed the ordnance allowing retail marijuana stores and dispensaries to apply for special use permits to open marijuana lounges. Mayor Carolyn Goodman abstained from the vote due to a conflict of interest. Goodman previously said a family member works in the industry.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

It's amazing how in some states freedom marches on, while in others, this would get you a life sentence.
Actually ,I kinda wish they would legalize Heroin,Fentenyl, Crack ,Crank ,and LSD in Commiefornia. Then let Natural Selection take care of the rest.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Are jokes?
Sure hope not!

But comedians can't even appear on college campuses anymore. EVERY joke is 'offensive' to SOMEONE. Even if I were to joke about carving into granite above the college library the slogan "The Library is exclusively for the nerds", someone would surely find that deeply offensive, and get their panties all bunched up about it.

[And someone here is probably deeply offended about what I just said about getting 'panties all bunched up', a very sexist phrase, no doubt.]

Reactions: One

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
I drink coffee EVERY morning, and usually a fair amount of it.

Should I be worried that I am eventually going to go 'psycho', and maybe go on some rampage, raping women until some brave fellow steps forward and puts a bullet through my brain, to stop my one-man crime wave?
Well, according to some, I should have the right to dictate what you do with your body, even if it has no impact on others.

Reactions: BigLeRoy

One

Former Staff
Dec 2006
----> X <----
Does coffee cause psychosis? Is it a linked? Certainly you should review your ability to function without caffeine. Just like those people who self medicate their anxiety with marijuana to the point they can’t handle ANY stress without it.
Never met anyone like that. You sure that you aren't falling for some propaganda?

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Your post has given me a fine case of the giggles. Just the idea of someone being mad whilst they are giggling provoked this.

Confucius say: Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
I know, it was strange! Called my friend yelling about it and then burst out laughing. But no seriously, I am really mad! *giggle snort*

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey
Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
My dog LOVES the smell of marijuana. I have no idea why. And it is so funny because when someone pets her in public, I can tell if they are holding by how she acts. I love to ask them...”how much pot do you have?” It always freaks the younger potheads out.
I had a dog druggies were convinced was a police dog. She was a 'working dog' and she was capable of shredding, which was clear. Anyway, yeah it was funny.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Public consumption of marijuana is just as much of an issue as public consumption of tobacco. Contact highs are a thing.

If they're going to allow this, it should only be behind the doors of a business with adequate ventilation.

Your freedoms — and I support cannabis legalization for manufacture and personal consumption in most respects — stop when they involuntarily affect someone else.

Then.... wait for it.... Don't go into the establishment.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
It isn’t just kids.

Daily Marijuana Use And Highly Potent Weed Linked To Psychosis

Go figure? A mind altering substance can actually alter your mind? Shocking. Don’t get me wrong. I still think we should legalize and tax the shit out of it. Just like alcohol.

shitty psuedo science, the only peer reviewed study included has only to do with potency. The article then plays a "correlation = causation" game while purposefully not defining "psychosis" or how long the effect of "psychosis" lasts.

People get goofy on weed, are they calling that "psychosis"?

Singularity

Oct 2009
Kansas
Then.... wait for it.... Don't go into the establishment.
Yes, an establishment that isn't overly leaking pot smoke out of its windows and doors and giving everyone who walks by a buzz.

What they do or permit to be done on their own property is nobody's business, with regard to smoking anything.

I oppose compulsive indoor tobacco smoking bans at private businesses, for example.

The sidewalk is not their property and their deregulated consumption rights should end there.

Reactions: Ian Jeffrey